TV Wrap-Up: Nobels, Virgins and Balloons
Saturday: 'SNL' Turns Obama into a Punching Bag. Again. -- You know it's getting bad when unabashed liberal show Saturday Night Live stops skewering Republicans and turns its sights toward the previously can-do-no-wrong President. For the second week in a row they mocked Obama as do-nothing weakling. With the news of the Nobel Peace Prize, the writers had a little party staging a fake press conference which wasn't too far from the real one which showed the President in a state of disbelief.
"I won it for not being George Bush," said Fred Armisen's Obama before noting: "I have only not been George W. Bush for nine months."
Sunday: 'Mad Men' Shows Why The 1960s Weren't So Awesome -- So, Sal, the closeted ad man-turned-director, turned down the advances of the man in charge of a big client (Lucky Strike), gets canned first by Roger, then by Don, who is disgusted that Sal couldn't get the job done. "You people," he sneers, and just like that Sal is fired for having morals and being secretly gay. Oh, pesky anti-discrimination laws, who needs you when everyone looks snazzy in their suits?
Monday: Jon Stewart Rips CNN a New You-Know-What -- "Comedian," and "satirist" Jon Stewart continues to do the job that the rest of the press is supposed to be doing, on his "comedy" show. For a full eleven minutes, Stewart tore a new one into CNN for, among other things: ignoring the massive March on Washington of the gay community in favor of football Sunday and the weekend box office numbers and fact-checking the 'SNL' Obama sketch from last week. "Did you find out there are no d*cks in boxes?" he asked incredulously. He pinned John King, Tony Harris and Anderson Cooper for letting their guests get away with spouting inflated numbers and making inflammatory statements without challenging them. "Let's leave it there," said Harris in regards to a statement by Orrin Hatch over "socialized medicine." "No!" shouted Stewart, "let's not leave it there!"
Tuesday: Joe Jackson Pimps Out His Grandkids -- A&E and Joe Jackson joined forces as they embark on a reality show that Michael Jackson would surely never have let happen. 'The Jacksons: A Family Dynasty,' will feature the three kids that MJ guarded so closely that they wore scarves, blankets and disguises over their heads in public to shield them from the press until he died. We're disappointed to find out that only Rebbie Jackson is against the show: Janet, we're looking at you.
Wednesday: 'Late Night' With Tina Fey's Virginity -- Before she was super-famous, had multiple Emmys and was on one of the funniest shows that television has to offer, Tina Fey was a "homely" 24-year-old virgin. Seriously, that's exactly what she told David Letterman during an interview on 'The Late Show.' Fey says she "couldn't give it away." TMI, Tina?
Thursday: Izzy Gets Fired on 'Grey's Anatomy'? -- With her cancer causing her emotional distress and possibly triggering a potentially fatal mistake on a kidney patient, Izzy gets the call to the Chief's office, where she is met with the Chief and the ominous HR lady. Never one to take things in stride, Izzy promptly flips out, breaks up with Alex, and leaves an equally ominous note about going somewhere to "wait it out" -- it presumably, being the cancer. Or the end of her contract?
Extra Special Bonus Thursday: Balloon Boy Takes Over Every TV Station on Earth -- The sight of a balloon that looked remarkably like a UFO crossed with a pan of Jiffy Pop hovering in the sky was all over TV stations, as they followed the fake-saga of Falcon Henne, the six-year-old boy who had supposedly gotten into the balloon and unleashed it. When it was later found without a boy, a massive search took place, only to discover the boy was in the attic hiding the entire time. However, red flags were raised when it was discovered that this family had been on Wife Swap twice. During an interview with Wolf Blitzer, the boy slipped and said that he was hiding for a "show." Oopsie. Since 'Jon and Kate Plus 8' (as well as 'Kate Plus 8') are definitely dunzo, it would have been perfect timing, but we think even Americans are not that cynical.
Gustavo Caballero, Getty Images
Samir Hussein, Getty Images
Miguel Villagran, Getty Images
Joe Kohen, Getty Images
Michael N. Todaro, Getty Images
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kim Kardashian Dresses North in Skunk Costume; See How the Today Show Celebrated Halloween: Top 5 Stories
- Heidi Klum Dresses as a Butterfly for Annual Halloween Party -- See Her Crazy Costume Here!
- Kim Kardashian and North West Dress as Anna Wintour, Andre Leon Talley -- Plus, See Her Other Halloween Costumes!
- Tara Reid’s Skeletal Figure Scares Fans BEFORE She Puts On Halloween Costume!
- Demi Moore ‘Driving Mila Nuts,’ Wants Her To ‘Stay Away’ From Baby Wyatt ? Or Else!
- Judge Rules Amanda Bynes To Stay Under Conservatorship Until 2015, As Actress No-Show In Court
- Randy Bachman of The Guess Who & BTO keeps on takin' care of business
- Amanda Bynes released from psychiatric facility, slams parents in Twitter rant
- Country singer Jessie James Decker deletes Twitter account after ripping followers
- Melanie Griffith on Who She'd Like to Date Next and Why She'll Never Watch Daughter Dakota Johnson in Fifty Shades of Grey
- Chris Brown Talks All Things Rihanna: The Assault, Their Relationship, Drake and More—Watch Now!
- Wait, So Why Was Amanda Bynes Released From a Psychiatric Hold Right After It Was Extended? Here's How She Got Out Early & What's Next