Sienna Miller Ditches the Tabloids for Broadway
Lots of people know Sienna Miller for her very public and very scandal-inducing relationships over the years. Because of that, many people forget she's one of Hollywood's most critically-adored and respected young actresses. The gorgeous British actress is looking to put her past behind her and get back to basics in Broadway's 'After Miss Julie. Speaking with the New York Times, Miller said: "This is what I have always wanted, to be on Broadway ... I'm living my dream, and that's all you can ask for. At a certain point you have to ignore all the rest." Sienna talks tabloid struggles after the jump!
On the Tabloid Culture: "I think I underestimated the way people bracket you ... I thought I could wear what I wanted and be an actress and live my life in a certain way, and it would all be all right."
Comparing Herself to Pal Keira Knightley: "I'm more frivolous. I haven't been as bright in some of the decisions I've made. Keira's just a more evolved person ... I feel we live in the kind of culture now where you have to be very smart to navigate the right way, and I just don't have those smarts. I think with age and time it will change, but I can't obsess about it."
On Her Stage Transition: "This is what I have always wanted, to be on Broadway ... I'm living my dream, and that's all you can ask for. At a certain point you have to ignore all the rest."
On Live Acting: "I underestimated that a play like this requires incredible concentration, which is something that doesn't come naturally to me ... And I'm struggling with stamina and endurance. I'm not fit enough, and I've had to join a gym. I wake up every morning sounding like Marge Simpson and looking like something out of 'Gremlins.' "
Astrid Stawiarz, Getty Images
Kevin Mazur, WireImage
Frank Micelotta, Getty Images
Frank Micelotta, Getty Images
Gustavo Caballero, Getty Images
Samir Hussein, Getty Images
Miguel Villagran, Getty Images
MORE ABOUT Sienna Miller
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Sienna Miller Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Renee Zellweger: 'Perhaps I look different -- who doesn't as they get older?!'
- Celebrity Playboy cover girls
- Florida Georgia Line: We're 'professional partiers' and smoke pot
- France's CanalPlus to Launch Pan-African Entertainment Channel
- Cairo Film Festival Adds David Cronenberg, Jean-Luc Godard Titles to Lineup
- 'CSI: Cyber' Coming to TF1 in France
- Hear the ?Voice of Italy'-winning nun's cover of Madonna's ?Like a Virgin'
- Live-action ?Static Shock,' ?Mortal Kombat' unveiled as part of WB digital slate
- What is going on at Marvel? A PopWatch conspiracy theory
- 'Fall' Trailer: Roman Catholic Priest's Life Shattered By Letter (VIDEO)
- Is Jena Malone Playing Robin in 'Batman v. Superman'?
- Best of Late Night TV: Bill Murray's Tinder Talk, Jack Black's Cereal Jingle, John Leguizamo's Fight With Patrick Swayze (VIDEO)