Rihanna Pulls Trigger On New Single, 'Russian Roulette'
The artwork released by her label to coincide with the single is also causing a stir. In it, the singer is bound in barbed wire and wearing a see-through eye patch. Check it out after the jump.
The song follows a woman in the midst of a game of Russian roulette: "If you play, you play for keep/Take a gun, and count to three." It ends with the sound of a spinning barrel and finally, a gunshot. The intense lyrics could easily be a reference to Rihanna's abusive relationship with Chris Brown.
Ne-Yo seemed to confirm this before the single was even released, when he discussed the album with MTV News. "The best and safest way I can say this is that Rihanna has some stuff to say and she's going to say it," he said. "And she ain't going to make no apologies for it."
The rest of the album, which releases Nov. 23, also includes collaborations with The-Dream and Justin Timberlake. The music video for 'Russian Roulette,' which was directed by Anthony Mandler, will premiere on prime-time ABC.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Scott Weiland & the Wildabouts' guitarist Jeremy Brown dies at 34
- 'Brooklyn 99' star Chelsea Peretti helped broke ball player
- Tom Hanks' son Chet Haze threatens Howard Stern
- ?KUWTK': Kim Kardashian Not Catering to Rob Anymore, ?It's Pathetic'
- 'Extra's' Terri Seymour Reveals Baby Name
- Miley Cyrus Slams Indiana Religious Freedom Law Supporters: ?They Are All Dinosaurs'
- T-Pain Sings "Bartender" A Capella, Acts Out Emoji: Watch!
- Mila Kunis, Ashton Kutcher Partake in Their Neighborhood Watch Group, Alert Neighbors When They Hear Helicopters, Police
- The Kardashians Get Another E! Spinoff: Dash Dolls -- Find Out More About the Network's New Shows