Rihanna Pulls Trigger On New Single, 'Russian Roulette'
The artwork released by her label to coincide with the single is also causing a stir. In it, the singer is bound in barbed wire and wearing a see-through eye patch. Check it out after the jump.
The song follows a woman in the midst of a game of Russian roulette: "If you play, you play for keep/Take a gun, and count to three." It ends with the sound of a spinning barrel and finally, a gunshot. The intense lyrics could easily be a reference to Rihanna's abusive relationship with Chris Brown.
Ne-Yo seemed to confirm this before the single was even released, when he discussed the album with MTV News. "The best and safest way I can say this is that Rihanna has some stuff to say and she's going to say it," he said. "And she ain't going to make no apologies for it."
The rest of the album, which releases Nov. 23, also includes collaborations with The-Dream and Justin Timberlake. The music video for 'Russian Roulette,' which was directed by Anthony Mandler, will premiere on prime-time ABC.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie' adds Mark Feuerstein for final season
- Ecuador's PR firm reportedly spent more than $500G on celebrity endorsements
- U2 haters prompt Apple to release tool to remove free album
- This ?Scandal' clothing line lets you dress just like Olivia Pope
- ?Orange Is the New Black' meets ?Golden Girls' in new mash-up video
- Bruce Springsteen headlines Stand Up For Heroes event
- ?The View' Heats Up! Rosie O'Donnell and Nicolle Wallace Clash
- Taylor Swift Takes Cat for a Walk, and It's Adorable
- ?Million Dollar Listing' Star's Bigger Than BIG Times Square Proposal