Rihanna Pulls Trigger On New Single, 'Russian Roulette'
The artwork released by her label to coincide with the single is also causing a stir. In it, the singer is bound in barbed wire and wearing a see-through eye patch. Check it out after the jump.
The song follows a woman in the midst of a game of Russian roulette: "If you play, you play for keep/Take a gun, and count to three." It ends with the sound of a spinning barrel and finally, a gunshot. The intense lyrics could easily be a reference to Rihanna's abusive relationship with Chris Brown.
Ne-Yo seemed to confirm this before the single was even released, when he discussed the album with MTV News. "The best and safest way I can say this is that Rihanna has some stuff to say and she's going to say it," he said. "And she ain't going to make no apologies for it."
The rest of the album, which releases Nov. 23, also includes collaborations with The-Dream and Justin Timberlake. The music video for 'Russian Roulette,' which was directed by Anthony Mandler, will premiere on prime-time ABC.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Orson Welles' final film may be released
- 'I Was Here': Beyonce song inspires Iraqi youth peace movement
- Extra Scoop: Did Teresa Giudice Spend $10K on Daughter's Music Video?
- Big Change Announced for ?The View'? Are There More Shakeups Ahead?
- 'Extra' Trend Spotter: Designs from Adrianna Papell
- Kris Jenner Feels Betrayed By Bruce Jenner; Brittany Maynard Pushes Back Death Date: Top 5 Stories
- Prince William, Pregnant Kate Middleton Go on Babymoon With Prince George in Scotland -- Details
- Khloe Kardashian Celebrates 14 Million Instagram Followers With a Super Sexy Booty Snap -- See the Pic!