Chris Brown Talks About Rihanna, Claims Violence Will 'Never Happen Again'
Throughout the interview, Brown discussed several topics including his love for Rihanna and why he's respecting her privacy.
The Martinez interview was only Brown's second media appearance since he pleaded guilty in June to assaulting Rihanna. His first was with Larry King shortly after his sentencing and revealed Brown was not ready to speak openly about the ordeal, deflecting a majority of the CNN host's questions.
But during the new radio interview, Brown opened up a little more. "Honestly, I would just like to get past it. At the end of the day, I'm sorry for what I did, whatever it is. Only me and shorty know what went down in the car, it's between us."
He also promised his fans, "I won't let you down anymore. That was one of the most embarrassing things for me, because of my image and who I was as a young role model to a lot of kids. It was hard for me."
He revealed that Will Smith was one of the first people to reach out to him in February. "As a young black man myself, I need older black male role models to step in and kind of mold me - not people bashing me, 'cause that's not how you learn from mistakes," Brown said.
While there is still speculation of whether he'll ever get back with Rihanna, UK's The Sun claims Brown explained his recent attempt to woo his ex back via Twitter. "We've been friends since I was like 15, we got serious when I was like 17. Feelings are feelings and they don't go away overnight, especially if you sit down and are like, 'Look, I'm going to really be in this relationship with you, whatever the case, past our busy schedules, past us being two of the biggest artists.' I really care about her," Brown said.
Robyn Beck, AFP / Getty Images
Arnold Turner, WireImage
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Steve Kroft's sexually explicit texts to mistress
- 'American Sniper' sets new Super Bowl weekend record
- Roseanne thinks Bill Cosby is guilty but still 'not the end' of his career
- ?SNL' Recap: J.K. Simmons Takes a ?Snow Day' and More Great Skits!
- New Details on Bobbi Kristina's Condition After Being Found Unresponsive in a Bathtub
- Val Kilmer Responds to Health Scare, Denies Tumor Operation
- Bobby Brown Releases Statement on Bobbi Kristina's Condition: "Please Allow My Family to Give My Daughter the Love and Support She Needs"
- Chris O'Dowd, Wife Dawn O'Porter Welcome First Child, a Baby Boy Named Art O'Porter
- Kim Kardashian, Kanye West Go on Waffle House Double Date With John Legend, Chrissy Teigen After DirecTV Performance: Pics