Score! Is Kate Hudson's Hotness Really Keeping A-Rod's Bat on Fire?
By Jo Piazza Posted Oct 22nd 2009 03:22PM
Yankee fans are crossing their fingers, their toes and bowing down before the altar of a certain blonde bombshell today in hopes that Kate Hudson will continue to work the magic that has transformed Alex Rodriguez into a power player in the post-season. We already told you that Kate has done more for Alex's game than Madonna ever did, but now we want to take a closer look at what could account for Kate's mojo boosting powers. Our experts weigh in after the jump.
While seeing Madonna, A-Rod became heavily involved in the ancient mystical practice of Kabbalah. Kate (along with her mama Goldie) is a tried-and-true Buddhist and the Eastern religion's influence could be bolstering A-Rod's game.
"Buddhism encourages calm and concentration and helps to reduce the overly narcissistic idea of the self," explains Dr. David Germano, Associate Professor of Buddhism and Tibetan Studies at the University of Virginia to PopEater. "This can help a person to immerse themselves in the interdependent flow of relationships on the playing field."
Or, perhaps it's the great, movie star sex. Sex and Relationship expert and author of "She Comes First" Ian Kerner, PhD., says that contrary to the popular myth that athletes should refrain from getting down before game time, having a good romp can actually increase your playing performance.
"Sex naturally raises testosterone levels so an athlete may be more primed for success after having sex," Kerner says. "Men feel confident and relaxed after sex, and when a guy is having sex with someone who would be a source of envy amongst his peers, self-esteem goes way up."
So maybe having a smoking-hot young girlfriend (one who isn't your mom's age) does just make you feel young and awesome on the playing field.
"I do think it's a confidence thing. Especially if she blows you away with her hotness, a new girlfriend can bring a guy out of any kind of slump, athletic or otherwise. It's a victory of sorts," says style writer for GQ and Style.com Darrell Hartman. "If used properly, a smoking girlfriend can be one of the most effective performance-enhancers out there. Jenson Button, who just won the Formula One title, says his girlfriend's foot massages have made him a better driver. Of course they have! She's a lingerie model."
A-Rod's Post Season: .407 AVG with 5 HRs, 11 RBIs and an OBP of .469
Here's a Breakdown on A-Rod's Performance at Games Kate Attended:
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'The Bachelorette' recap: Andi says 'Yes!' in dramatic season finale
- Kiefer Sutherland's rep responds to Freddie Prinze Jr.'s complaints about actor
- Anthony Anderson 'Eats America'
- China 3D Digital Entertainment to Open More Cinemas in Smaller Cities
- Penelope Cruz, Javier Bardem Denounce Israeli 'Genocide' in Open Letter
- Celestial Pictures, Robert Rodriguez's El Rey Network Ink Deal for Shaw Brothers Classics
- ?The Bachelorette' season finale: And the ?winner' is?
- ?The Hobbit' Comic-Con panel is now online: The top 5 highlights
- I'm Still Not Over? House and Cuddy's terrible relationship
- The 'Batkid Begins' Trailer Will Make You Shed a Tear or Two (VIDEO)
- Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, and Dave Bautista Get Weird in Our 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Unscripted (VIDEO)
- Norman Reedus Breaks Down Daryl and Beth's Relationship on 'The Walking Dead'