Annie Duke Talks Charity and That Pesky, Name-Calling Joan Rivers
By Bryan Alexander Posted Oct 23rd 2009 07:57AM
Annie Duke and Joan Rivers. While the the comedian Rivers might have won the 'Apprentice' crown over the poker player, it's hard to tell who has won the war of words which still continues. "I don't have any interest in continuing to have some kind of feud with her," Duke tells PopEater during a chat about her upcoming charity poker tournament. "When the show was done, it was done. But (Rivers) doesn't feel the same. It's hard to have a hatchet-burying with someone who's continued months later." Duke says Rivers continues to refer to her as childish names during interviews.
"She calls me Annie Douche, which is appropriate to an 11-year-old."
And the poker star claims that Rivers is rewriting 'Apprentice' history by telling folks that Duke gave an obscene gesture after the heated final show. "I didn't personally give (Rivers) the finger, my friend did. I didn't think it was a terrible thing, but I didn't do it and I didn't put her up to it," says Duke. "Somehow that's morphed to me giving her the finger."
Finally, Duke is sure she is not going to get an apology for the infamous line when Rivers called her "worse than Hitler." Thinking back on it, Duke laughs that Rivers might have been giving her a compliment for the "ambiguous" statement. "She should tell me what I am supposed to be worse than Hitler at," says Duke. " I am worse at growing a mustache than he is."
Not taking reality television "that seriously" to continue a feud is just one of the many lessons she would pass onto the new batch of 'Celebrity Apprentices' who are filming now. In her mind, the show was about her charity and that giving spirit will be in full force when Duke hosts the second annual "Ante Up For Africa" tournament at San Manuel Indian Bingo & Casino on October 29 with Don Cheadle.
At least at poker events, the celebs behave.
"I've never seen it get heated at a charity event," says Duke. In fact, she's never even seen two celebrities have an argument. Then she thinks again. "Actually, I might want to enhance my reputation, but instituting a fight between Casey Affleck and Marlon Wayans," Duke laughs. "I'll be like, 'Yo, Marlon, you should have heard what Casey said about you!"
Remember boys, don't shoot the piano player!
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Paris Hilton and Kimora Lee attend the Hello Kitty 35th anniversary celebration held at Royal/T on October 22nd in Culver City, California.
Lester Cohen, Getty Images
Lester Cohen, Getty Images
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Cindy Crawford Serves Some Fashion Week Realness With This #TBT Runway Photo
- Justin Bieber Flaunts Crazy New Muscles on Men's Health Cover, Denies It's Photoshopped
- Hayden Panettiere, Daughter Kaya Wear Cozy Socks Together: Cute Photo
- Indie rock band Ex Cops calls out McDonalds for not paying bands at SXSW showcase
- Susan Sarandon reportedly splits from boy toy
- 'Wheel of Fortune' contestant botches 'Snow White' character's name
- Harper Lee May Have Just Responded to a Reporter, Making Her Upcoming Book Release Even More Complicated
- Vince Vaughn Jokes That Frozen Is Probably Damaging His Daughter Lochlyn—Watch!
- Toy Story 4 Will Be a ''Romantic Comedy'' and a ''Separate Story'' From Original Trilogy