Sienna Miller's Very Short Dress Makes Broadway Debut
Just days after The NYTimes apologized for publishing an interview which wrongly quoted the late Heath Ledger and Sean Combs as former lovers, reviewer Ben Brantley confessed that he was initially 'rooting' for Miller but "she plays like a novice at a piano, plunking down each note loudly and individually."
Terry Teachout, a theatre critic for the Wall Street Journal stuck the knife in." A model turned second-tier movie star, all she does is stalk around the stage striking vampy poses... she has no more business playing a classic stage role than I have posing for the cover of Vogue," he said.
"Miller can have such great style sometimes, and other times you have to wonder what she was thinking," says Diane Davis of Stylelist. "This dress is a great color on her and her legs look amazing, but I don't get the ripped cutouts. Cutouts were big on the runways for next spring, but here, combined with a ripped hemline, they just look like a mistake. It makes me sad -- you're beautiful, Sienna, dress that way!" More Celebrity Style From Stylelist >>>
She received support in some corners, with The Associated Press saying she was 'compelling' while the Chicago Tribune critic Chris Jones said she delivered a 'gutsy' performance that was 'eminently watchable'.
Vogue editor Anna Wintour and playwright Sir David Hare were among those in the audience.
MORE ABOUT Sienna Miller
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Sienna Miller Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'X-Men' director calls sex abuse lawsuit a shakedown
- FOX411's pic of the day
- James Franco on his 'intimate' selfies: 'It's not like I'm exposing myself'
- BET Renews 'The Game,' 'Being Mary Jane,' 'Real Husbands'; Adds 'Book of Negroes' Mini
- 'Bachelorette' Creator Mike Fleiss Reacts to Contestant's Death: 'We're All Devastated'
- Reese Witherspoon's Lifestyle Company Is Given a Name
- James Earl Jones to return to Broadway this fall in ?You Can't Take It With You'
- Man dressed as Spider-Man is running for political office in India
- ?The Twilight Saga: Eclipse': Bad Lip Reading version ? VIDEO
- Brace Yourselves, There's Going to Be a Peeps Movie
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence, Pulls Out of 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' Press Tour
- 'Friday the 13th' Is Being Reimagined as a TV Series