Chris Farley Direct TV Ad: Too Soon?
By PopEater Staff Posted Oct 26th 2009 06:00PM
Chris Farley in their new ad campaign and has viewers in a twist citing that it is tasteless and insensitive. But this won't be the first time the company has used dead celebrities to hype their products. Last year, the company was under attack after featuring Heather O' Rourke in 'The Poltergeist' -- she died in 1988 at the age of 12.
In the new ad, actor David Spade appears in the commercial with Farley, who died in 1997 of heart failure due to an overdose. Asylum reached out to Spade through his publicist for a comment.
"When DIRECT TV came to me and the Farley family with this idea about 'Tommy Boy,' we talked and thought it would be a cool way to remind people just how funny Chris was. It is a clever homage to my friend and a movie that we loved doing, " he says.
"We should look to Chris' family and friends for the ultimate opinion on this subject. They were involved from the beginning of this project and felt that the spot was a great to tribute to Chris," DIRECT TV said.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Raven-Symone's confusion: 'I'm from every continent in Africa'
- Leonard Nimoy's son planning documentary about his father
- World receives its first glimpse of 'Spectre,' new James Bond movie
- Stephen Dorff, Jennifer Morrison Join Cast of 'Albion: Rise of the Danaan'
- Hugh Jackman Teases 'Wolverine 3' Will Be His Final as the Marvel Mutant
- David Duchovny Teases Details of 'X-Files' Revival
- 'Spectre' in Mexico City: What We Know About the James Bond Movie's Opening Scene
- The First 'Spectre' Teaser Trailer Is Finally Here (VIDEO)
- Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards Hosts: A Timeline