Chris Farley Direct TV Ad: Too Soon?
By PopEater Staff Posted Oct 26th 2009 06:00PM
Chris Farley in their new ad campaign and has viewers in a twist citing that it is tasteless and insensitive. But this won't be the first time the company has used dead celebrities to hype their products. Last year, the company was under attack after featuring Heather O' Rourke in 'The Poltergeist' -- she died in 1988 at the age of 12.
In the new ad, actor David Spade appears in the commercial with Farley, who died in 1997 of heart failure due to an overdose. Asylum reached out to Spade through his publicist for a comment.
"When DIRECT TV came to me and the Farley family with this idea about 'Tommy Boy,' we talked and thought it would be a cool way to remind people just how funny Chris was. It is a clever homage to my friend and a movie that we loved doing, " he says.
"We should look to Chris' family and friends for the ultimate opinion on this subject. They were involved from the beginning of this project and felt that the spot was a great to tribute to Chris," DIRECT TV said.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Mia Farrow shares address of man who shot Cecil the lion on Twitter
- 'Queen of Versailles' star's daughter died of accidental drug overdose
- Matt Lauer's neighbors angry over 'Today' host's construction plans
- Warner Bros. Distribution Veteran Dan Fellman to Exit at End of Year
- Jake Gyllenhaal Eyeing Lionsgate's Boston Bombing Movie
- John Legend Set as Music Supervisor on WGN America's 'Underground'
Access HollywoodFEEDMore From Access Hollywood Li
- First Trailer for Chilean Mine Drama 'The 33' Is Chilling and Uplifting at the Same Time
- Watch Cara Delevingne Endure a Painfully Awkward Interview
- 'Conan' Accused of Stealing Jokes on Twitter, Andy Richter Reacts to Lawsuit