Jon Gosselin Returns Money, Still Claims Kate Hasn't
By PopEater Staff Posted Oct 26th 2009 11:30AM
Jon Gosselin has paid back $230,000 he took from the joint bank account he shares with estranged wife Kate Gosselin, but still says Kate hasn't accounted for $33,000 she spent, Usmagazine.com reports.
"We have all the representation we need. All we need is Kate's participation and Kate to stop crying on TV," Jon's lawyer Mark Heller said outside the courtroom, criticizing Mrs. Gosselin for not attending the hearing.
However, Kate's lawyer claims that she doesn't have to account for that missing money. "It's fully compliant," Cheryl Young said, PEOPLE reports.
For his part, Jon is "optimistic" about the proceedings -- although he's still without an attorney. (Heller is not licensed to practice in Pennsylvania where the hearings are taking place.)
"I'll just get another attorney. I have to," he told PEOPLE after Charlie Meyer resigned again.
The case has now been left to arbitrators and a two-day conference has been scheduled for next month.
After the hearing, Kate's attorneys released a statemen, TMZ reports.
"We are clearly pleased that the monies taken by Mr. Gosselin have been returned to the marital account, and we look forward to recouping additional monies taken by Mr. Gosselin at the time of the parties' private arbitration hearings," it read.
"A total of at least $235,000 was taken by Mr. Gosselin, and despite his initial comments denying responsibility, we have established that Ms. Gosselin needed emergency relief to prevent her economic claims from being compromised."
Kate Gosselin Snapshots
Kate Gosselin, right, formerly of "Jon & Kate Plus 8" now renamed "Kate Plus Eight" on cable television's The Learning Channel, is interviewed on the NBC "Today" television in New York Monday, Oct. 5, 2009. (AP Photo/Richard Drew)
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Couple Leaves Waiter a $100 Tip for Bad Service; See George Clooney, Amal Alamuddin's First Wedding Photo: Top 5 Stories
- Ben Affleck Goes Full Frontal in Gone Girl, Jokes His Penis "Looks Better in 3-D!"
- Sofia Vergara, Joe Manganiello Go On Double Date With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Tatum -- See the Hot Pics!
- No R-E-S-P-E-C-T! Aretha Franklin Lets It All? Hang Out After David Letterman Taping – See The Pictures!
- Tracy Morgan Fights Back, ?Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Is Blaming Him For Deadly Car Accident
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Anita Baker sued by lawyer who claims she owes him money
- Country trio Lady Antebellum's adult sound on new album '747'
- Tiger Woods Is Ready to Heat Up the Kitchen By Opening a Brand-New Restaurant—Get the Details!
- Gone Girl Star Emily Ratajkowski's Cleavage Is Insane on Cosmopolitan Cover—but We're Not Complaining
- Malcolm Young, Fouding Member of AC/DC, Is Suffering From Dementia