Jon Gosselin Returns Money, Still Claims Kate Hasn't
By PopEater Staff Posted Oct 26th 2009 11:30AM
Jon Gosselin has paid back $230,000 he took from the joint bank account he shares with estranged wife Kate Gosselin, but still says Kate hasn't accounted for $33,000 she spent, Usmagazine.com reports.
"We have all the representation we need. All we need is Kate's participation and Kate to stop crying on TV," Jon's lawyer Mark Heller said outside the courtroom, criticizing Mrs. Gosselin for not attending the hearing.
However, Kate's lawyer claims that she doesn't have to account for that missing money. "It's fully compliant," Cheryl Young said, PEOPLE reports.
For his part, Jon is "optimistic" about the proceedings -- although he's still without an attorney. (Heller is not licensed to practice in Pennsylvania where the hearings are taking place.)
"I'll just get another attorney. I have to," he told PEOPLE after Charlie Meyer resigned again.
The case has now been left to arbitrators and a two-day conference has been scheduled for next month.
After the hearing, Kate's attorneys released a statemen, TMZ reports.
"We are clearly pleased that the monies taken by Mr. Gosselin have been returned to the marital account, and we look forward to recouping additional monies taken by Mr. Gosselin at the time of the parties' private arbitration hearings," it read.
"A total of at least $235,000 was taken by Mr. Gosselin, and despite his initial comments denying responsibility, we have established that Ms. Gosselin needed emergency relief to prevent her economic claims from being compromised."
Kate Gosselin Snapshots
Kate Gosselin, right, formerly of "Jon & Kate Plus 8" now renamed "Kate Plus Eight" on cable television's The Learning Channel, is interviewed on the NBC "Today" television in New York Monday, Oct. 5, 2009. (AP Photo/Richard Drew)
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Dan Stevens to Play the Beast Alongside Emma Watson in Disney's Live-Action Beauty and the Beast
- Madonna Rebel Heart Album Review: A Regal, Star-Studded Set
- Tiffani Thiessen Teaches Elizabeth Berkley How to Cook in Sweet Saved By the Bell Reunion
- Glen Campbell's two oldest children fighting wife for control of affairs
- Chris Brown's girlfriend Karrueche Tran dumps him after learning he's a dad
- Bruce Jenner told daughters about transition in front of cameras, report says
- Jenelle Evans' Fiancé Nathan Griffith Arrested For Domestic Violence
- Benji Madden Delivers the Sweetest Messages (and Cutest Puppy) to His "Bae" Cameron Diaz While On the Road
- This YouTube Star Can Sing "Uptown Funk" Beginning to End Using Family Guy Voices—Watch Now!