Gordon Ramsay Has Friendlier Chin, Thanks to Simon Cowell
By PopEater Staff Posted Oct 27th 2009 10:50AM
Gordon Ramsay's craggy face, with its furrowed brow and creased chin, has struck fear in the hearts of line cooks for years. But this year, there's something different about the chef's famous visage, namely a less-imperfect chin. The 'Hell's Kitchen' star told the Radio Times (via BBC) that he underwent a cosmetic procedure on his jaw area earlier this year at the urging of one Simon Cowell.
"My mother said they were smile lines. I could deal with that at 21, but not 42," he said. "Simon Cowell suggested now I'm a success in America, I should do something."
The procedure went well, but not without some pain: "I had a filler put under the deep crevices. It hurt."
Gwen Davies, of cosmetic surgery group Transform, told The Sun that Ramsay will have to endure two or three of the chin-filling procedures every year to keep his smoother look.
"Vertical lines on the chin area are very aging," Davies said. "His were particularly prominent. The dermal filler will have literally 'filled in' and plumped out the crease."
Stars Under the Knife
Bruce Jenner (pictured with wife Kris) gave himself quite the present for his upcoming 60th birthday: a new face. "He corrected work that was done 25 years ago that he wasn't happy with," says his stepdaughter Kim Kardashian.
Life & Style
Life & Style
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Ellen DeGeneres Replaces Dakota Johnson and Portrays Anastasia Steele in Fifty Shades of Grey Trailer Parody -- Watch!
- Kim Zolciak Flaunts Teeny Tiny Waist, Denies Using a Waist Trainer Like Kim Kardashian -- See Her Slim Bod!
- Jennifer Aniston Does Her Best Kim Kardashian In a Tight Red Top, Huge Inflatable Cleavage: See the Hilarious Outfit
- Separate Bedrooms, Separate Lives? Scott Disick Admits He & Kourtney Kardashian ?Haven't Slept Together In 5 Years'
- FOX411's pic of the day
- 'Penguins of Madagascar' hatches light family fun
- 'Jurassic World' trailer debuts: Chris Pratt vs. hybrid dinos!
- Gabrielle Union Says Being Married to Dwyane Wade Is "a Lot of Fun"—Find Out What They Love Doing Together!
- Miss World Competition Begins as Beauty Queens Mourn the Tragic Death of Miss Honduras
- Tori Spelling Doesn't Think She's Shared Too Much on TV: She Wanted Aftermath of Dean's Affair to Be "Out There"