Great Michael Jackson Covers
By Scott Harris Posted Oct 27th 2009 05:15PM
Since the untimely death of pop legend Michael Jackson, fans and artists alike have been searching for the best way to express their grief and one method is returned to again and again: through the music itself. Just yesterday, for instance, we told you about the new 'Thriller' cover by Frou Frou lead singer Imogen Heap. And with the release of the eagerly anticipated concert film 'This Is It', now seems like the perfect time for us to celebrate his legacy by unveiling our list of the greatest Michael Jackson covers of all time. We just ask that you remember one thing while listening to these songs: they're for dancing, not reading, so don't be afraid to get out of your chair. Video Compilation After the Jump!
Last year's 'American Idol' winner, David Cook, became a fan favorite after his performance of 'Billie Jean'. He admitted, however, that he drew his inspiration from this Chris Cornell version of Jackson's classic hit.
One of the highlights of Jackson's memorial concert was Mariah Carey's performance of the Jackson 5 hit 'I'll Be There'. The legendary diva originally recorded the song, however, way back in 1992, when she went all the way to the top of the charts with it.
Jackson's music isn't just for the pop set, though, as Alien Ant Farm proved with their speed metal version of 'Smooth Criminal' back in 2001.
Artists from Boyz II Men to Alicia Keys have covered Jackson's classic 'Human Nature'. It was John Mayer's stripped down version, though, that wowed the crowd at the memorial concert.
For the 25th anniversary of Jackson's breakthrough album 'Thriller', the King of Pop lined up some of today's top artists to work on a new, re-imagined version, which included this version of 'Wanna be Starting Something' by Akon.
This touching version of 'Ben' from British pop phenomenon Boyzone becomes even more poignant after the recent tragic death of band member Stephen Gately at the tender age of 33.
Speaking of boy bands, former teen idol Jesse McCartney continued to show his new maturity when he teamed up with Jordin Sparks for this sexy duet version of 'The Way You Make Me Feel'.
One of the most famous versions of a Jackson tune wasn't a cover at all, but a parody. Jackson showed his sense of humor when he allowed Weird Al Yankovic to make this award winning video for 'Fat', his take-off on 'Bad'.
Fall Out Boy, one of the top rock acts of our day, has been known to show their Jackson love on stage, playing live versions of several of his songs. Our favorite, though, is this amped up version of 'Beat It'.
And as a special bonus, we leave you with this snippet of legendary crooner Celine Dion letting out her inner wild child as she both sings -- and dresses up as -- Michael for an epic rendition of 'Bad'.
Memorable Michael Moments
Kisses, pajama pants, mysterious bandages, scary baby moments and more make up classic snapshots of the King of Pop. See Them Now >>>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Things you might not know about the ladies of 'The Big Bang Theory'
- FOX411's pic of the day
- 'Penguins of Madagascar' hatches light family fun
- The best Black Friday deals for videogames, movies, more
- Jim Parsons talks theater and the ?charming' ?Merton of the Movies'
- 'The Voice' Results Live Blog! Who's In and Who's Out
- Laura Dern Hopes ?Jurassic World' Continues to Reinvent That ?Jurassic' Experience
- Extra Scoop: Bruce Jenner's ?Kinky' Night Out with Rumored GF
- Diem Brown's Love Chris "CT" Tamburello Proposed Five Days Before Her Death; Kendra Wilkinson Talks Sex With Hugh Hefner: Top 5 Stories
- Dancing With the Stars Winner Revealed on Season 19 Finale: Is It Alfonso Ribeiro, Janel Parrish, or Sadie Robertson?
- Ellen DeGeneres Replaces Dakota Johnson and Portrays Anastasia Steele in Fifty Shades of Grey Trailer Parody -- Watch!