Polanski Victim Wants Charges Dropped
By PopEater Staff Posted Oct 27th 2009 09:15AM
Roman Polanski when she was 13 years old has asked a Los Angeles court to dismiss the charges against the director, who is fighting extradition to the U.S. following his arrest in Zurich last month. Samantha Geimer says she has been barraged with media inquiries since Polanski's arrest, and that since she's publicly forgiven the 'Chinatown' director for his crime, she'd like for the charges to be dropped. In the court filing, Geimer says she's received nearly 500 phone calls from the media, including interview offers from Oprah Winfrey and Larry King.
"The pursuit has caused her to have health-related issues," the filing says of Geimer's health, adding that the scrutiny has "caused her performance at her job to be interfered with and has caused the understandable displeasure of her employer and the real possibility that Samantha could lose her job."
The filing's final words? "Leave her alone."
Geimer publicly forgave Polanski in 1997. She was hoping if the case and incident was put to rest, the details of it that continually ran with each Polanski headline would cease.
"True as they may be, the continued publication of those details causes harm to me, my beloved husband, my three children and my mother," Geimer said recently.
In 1977, Polanski lured the 13-year-old aspiring model Geimer into Nicholson's home for a photo shoot, where he gave her champagne and prescription drugs. Despite her requests to be taken home, Polanski then took nude photos of her in a hot tub and had sex with her. He later pleaded guilty to having sex with a minor.
"What happened that night, it's hard to believe, but it paled in comparison to what happened to me in the next year of my life," Geimer said recently.
She later told PEOPLE magazine in 1997 that Polanski "did something really gross to me, but it was the media that ruined my life."
Stephanie Pratt was pulled over in Hollywood early in the morning on Oct. 18 and arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence.
Jason Merritt, Getty Images
Jason Merritt, Getty Images
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Hannah Davis shows off her American pride in SI
- Duggars could face civil suit from non-family abuse victim, report says
- Ex-CNNer Lynne Russell's husband kills robber in wild motel shootout
- Donald Trump Posts Email From NBC Chief Praising Mogul's "Generosity"
- Ben Affleck, Jennifer Garner Set for Busy Year of Moviemaking Amid Divorce
- 'I Married a Mobster' Producer, New York Daily News Writer Team for Philadelphia Mob Boss Bio (Exclusive)
Access HollywoodFEEDMore From Access Hollywood Li
- 'Fatal Attraction' Is the Latest Movie-to-TV Remake
- Which 'Friends' Pet Are You?
- Paul Thomas Anderson to Write, Maybe Direct Robert Downey Jr.'s 'Pinocchio'