Mysteries of 'Benjamin Maisani,' 'Michael Jackson Autopsy Picture,' Solved
By Sam Brand Posted Oct 29th 2009 02:07PM
'Michael Jackson Autopsy Picture,' 'Google OneBox,' and 'Benjamin Maisani' are surging in Google Trends? We can shed some light on the mystery. Google Trends provides the hottest keywords of the hour. Though the results change frequently, at any given time the list offers a snapshot of what's hot in the world of entertainment news. Here's what's steamin' today...
Michael Jackson Autopsy Picture – So you're feeling a little sicko for Jacko, and you want to catch the King of Pop in all his ghoulish glory. Well, it's not gonna happen. At least not right this second. But The Daily Beast is reporting the pic may surface momentarily. According to investigative journalist Gerald Posner, there's a man with connections to the LAPD flashing a pic of Jackson, "his eyes wide open, lying on his back on a metal autopsy table," to prospective buyers. We'll see soon if anyone bites.
Princess Diana Death Photos – "I see dead people." Googlers the world over are getting the sixth sense, searching like crazy to hunt down pics of dead celebs. Yes, photos do exist of Princess Di languishing in her crumpled Mercedes as French police try to extricate her. The pics are fuzzy, and not really worth checking out. But we can't really stop you. Can we?
Google OneBox – Did you know the terms "music" and "lyrics" are a couple of the top 10 most commonly searched terms of all-time? Now you do. Google has known this for years, and the company is finally entering the music business. Search for a song or type in a lyric and soon OneBox will pop up giving you quick access to that song through Lala, iLike, Pandora, imeem, and Rhapsody. This could be a game changer, as only an all-powerful service like Google has the influence to steer consumers away from illegal file-sharing sites like BitTorrent and towards legitimate mp3 distributors. Starving musicians might be bringing home a bit more bacon, and we're all for that.
Benjamin Maisani – Anderson Cooper rarely discusses his private life in public. He told New York Magazine in 2005, "The whole thing about being a reporter is that you're supposed to be an observer and to be able to adapt with any group you're in, and I don't want to do anything that threatens that." His reticence to speak out about himself hasn't kept the press from guessing. In 2007 Out magazine ranked him the second most powerful gay man in America. This week pictures were snapped of Cooper hanging out with NYC bar owner Benjamin Maisani.
Hailey Glassman – Jon Gosselin's girlfriend might not be his girlfriend for much longer. She will appear in a two-part interview on 'The Insider' starting today, in which she reportedly talks trash about the TLC reality daddy. "He has 'mantrums,'" Glassman says. "I shouldn't have to put up with Jon being emotionally abusive. All I can do is cry and say, 'Jon, why are you so mean to me?'"
James Daren Metropoulos – Dalene Kurtis won Playmate of the year in 2002. That may or may not have something to do with the fact that she was the first Playmate of the Month to appear with not a single pubic hair. This has nothing to do with why she and ex-boyfriend James Daren Metropoulos are hitting headlines this week. Kurtis is suing Metropoulos for $10 million for assaulting and threatening her. According to TMZ Metropoulos beat her with a baseball bat, threatened to pop her breast implants, threatened to kill her family, and spat on her. In case you were wondering, Metropoulos has the money. He's the heir to the Bumblebee Tuna fortune.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Ariana Grande's Brother, Frankie J., Hits AMAs Red Carpet Without a Real Shirt: See His Painted-On Outfit!
- New York Times Issues a Correction After Misquoting Kanye West in Satirical Column
- Orlando Bloom Goes Shirtless, Wears Fake Tattoos for Sexy Unlocked Movie Shoot: Photo
- The Best, Worst & Wackiest Dressed Stars At The 2014 American Music Awards
- Scott Parties While Pregnant Kourtney Posts About ‘Choices’ On Instagram
- Miley Looks Like A Muppet At Her Raunchy Birthday Celebration
- 'Hunger Games' scores year's biggest opening with $123M
- Bill Cosby controversy: A decade in the making
- Robin Williams' son remembers his dad and Christopher Reeve's friendship
- Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting Gets the Ultimate Surprise Birthday Party From Husband Ryan Sweeting—All the Details!
- Meghan Trainor Says Kim Kardashian ''Has an Amazing Butt!'' Plus, ''All About That Bass'' Singer Talks Looking for a Boyfriend
- Fergie Reveals Baby Axl's Latest Milestone After Arriving in Giant Party Bus to American Music Awards