Anthony Anderson Chats 'Law & Order,' The Gosselins and J.Lo
By Amber James Posted Oct 30th 2009 05:30PM
Law & Order' ripped into the headlines by creating an episode loosely created around 'Jon and Kate Plus 8.' PopEater had the chance to sit down with actor Anthony Anderson to chat about his thoughts on The Gosselins, the state of NBC and which superstar divas he wants to guest star on the show.
As 'Law & Order' takes on its 20th season, writers used the infamous 'Jon and Kate Plus 8' headlines to create a murder mystery episode. Anderson used the tabloid gossip to channel his frustrations with the family and had no hesitations or regrets about offending the couple. As a father himself, he still doesn't understand why The Gosselins are still in the public eye.
"Why would you want to live your life publicly like that? That's what I have an issue with. It borderlines exploitation of the children," he said. "Now because of what's happened in their life personally with the divorce, the infidelity and they're still living it out publicly in the papers and tabloids -- I have an issue with that. And it isn't just Jon & Kate, but all people involved in shows like that."
Now that 'Law & Order' has entered its 20th season, are there any story lines you hope they cover? "For me, not necessarily. The writing is current, and I don't know if there's anything I really want them to do. They're doing well."
Is there anyone you want to guest star on the show? "Beyonce. Shakira. All those women with one name." *laughs*
On the state of NBC regarding the "Jay Leno Effect": "Our ratings have actually gone up since last year. We are still the most watched NBC show that night outside of sports... I believe there was a collective sigh of relief and now we know we aren't walking on that many egg shells. I'll be honest about it. This is a show that totally shouldn't be on at 8 p.m. on a Friday."
What do you do in your off time? "I have a show called 'Golf in America.' It's about human interest stories regarding golf from around the country. I host it and interview as well... I golf every chance that I can get, but my game does not show it. It's horrible. I shot an 84 once, but other than that, I suck."
On working with Jennifer Lopez in 'The Back-Up Plan': "It was great. I was fortunate to have some time off to do film this past summer. She and Marc Anthony are wonderful people. Jennifer Lopez has a glow about her that I've never seen on anyone. My first day at work, I walked into her trailer, and she literally glowed. Those two have a great balance between being great parents of twins and working. They are great people to work with. I really enjoyed my experience on the film."
Being recognized on the street: "We'll be filming on the street and people will drive by yelling, 'Kangaroo Jack!' I look at it as they appreciated what I did."
PopEater visits 'Law and Order' Set
PopEater visits Law & Order. (From Jeremy Sisto, Alana De La Garza, and Anthony Anderson.) Photo by Maggie Coughlan, PopEater.
Maggie Coughlan, PopEater
Maggie Coughlan, PopEater
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Taylor Swift Stops Traffic on Hollywood Boulevard, Performs Late-Night Gig
- Pippa Middleton Shares Her Diet and Workout Secrets, Reveals How She Got Her Famous Backside in Shape
- Brad Pitt Does Hilarious Between Two Ferns Interview With Zach Galifianakis; Here Comes Honey Boo Boo Future In Jeopardy Amid Sex Offender Report: Top 5 Stories
- ‘Honey Boo Boo’ Mom Dating Man Who Molested Her 8-Year-Old Relative
- Brad Pitt Plans To Play Beheaded Journalist James Foley In New Film
- CBS cuts 'CSI' season short
- Pretty stars who go gritty on film
- Trisha Yearwood set to appear on 'Nashville' during faux CMA awards
- ABC Just Ordered More Episodes for 7 Shows—Which Dramas and Comedies Scored Longer Seasons?
- Who's the Boss? Reunion! Tony Danza and Judith Light Come Together at Broadway Opening of Disgraced
- Mama June Apparently Hasn't Dated Mark McDaniel for 10 Years; Son Insists McDaniel Was Wrongly Convicted of Molestation