Jon Gosselin and Hailey Split? Let's Investigate a Bit
By PopEater Staff Posted Oct 31st 2009 08:45AM
It was a rough week for the relationship between Jon Gosselin and Hailey Glassman. The reality dad was blindsided by Glassman's comments on 'The Insider,' where she tearfully said that Gosselin was verbally abusive towards her and that he took out his anger on her in the form of "mantrums." Then, on Friday, unconfirmed reports that the couple split made the rounds. So are they split? Or is it just another blindly-sourced tabloid headline gone wrong? PopEater was unable to get a comment from Gosselin's reps, but after the jump, we sort out what may or may not be true.
The initial break-up news came via ExtraTV, who cited an inside source as saying that Gosselin and Glassman were "taking a break" following their tumultuous week. Extra reported that after Gosselin consulted with Rabbi Shmuley Boteach, he decided that he "needed to spend some time on his own."
Gosselin has generally been straight-forward with news like this, so it is unlike him to let a tabloid beat him to the jump, and if it's false, to not clarify or comment on the news following the report.
PEOPLE thinks there's larger choreography at play, with a source saying the break-up scenario "has all been designed so that it doesn't seem as though Hailey got dumped."
That, it seems, could be true. In PopEater's exclusive interview with Gosselin earlier this month, he expressed deep concern for Hailey's feelings and for dragging him into the media whirlwind that his life has become. "It's like taking a private citizen and throwing them onto television. Nobody wants their college pictures drudged up, especially if college is only four years ago for you. That's why it's so embattled, because it's so current," he told PopEater. "Everyone else that's come into my life has basically taken money from me, burned me in the media, said lies about me and tried to drive wedges into my relationship with my family."
Glassman did, however, turn the tables during her 'Insider' tell-all this week. She said in the interview: "He'll call me and take his anger out on me. He has 'mantrums.' I shouldn't have to put up with being emotionally abused." She went on to say that Jon is "like Jekyll and Hyde. But I still love him."
The following day, Gosselin released a statement, saying: "I am grateful for her emotional support and I regret any pain that my actions have caused her."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Hello Kitty not a cat, expert says
- 'Cops' crew member killed by police officers
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Will Shoot "Crazy Sex Scenes" Together in Upcoming Film; 50 Cent Surprises Chelsea Handler During Finale: Top 5 Stories
- Chris O'Dowd Reveals His Wife Dawn is Pregnant, Nominates His Unborn Child in Ice Bucket Challenge Video
- Scott Disick Was Shocked, Speechless After Kourtney Kardashian Revealed She Was Pregnant With Third Child -- Watch the Clip!
- Farrah Abraham BLASTS ?Teen Mom' Reunion Season ? ?I Don't Think It Will Be As Great Without Me'
- Kandi Burruss Wants To Get Pregnant ?This Year' With Husband Todd Tucker ? ?Knock It Out By 39!'
- Go Directly To Jail! Feds Order ‘RHOA’ Star Apollo Nida To Report To Prison ? Details Of His Surrender