Chris Brown's 'Graffiti' Album Cover: Five Awesomely Ridiculous Things About It
By PopEater Staff Posted Nov 2nd 2009 03:50PM
Chris Brown is slowly making his musical comeback following his assault on Rihanna and subsequent guilty plea, and he's made a big step by unveiling the cover art to his upcoming album, 'Graffiti.' Generally, we let album covers speak for themselves, but this one is just so awesomely bad (and similar to Adam Lambert's masterpiece) that we had to dive deeper and break it down. After the Jump, Our Analysis!
1. The Guitar: Unless we missed something, Chris Brown has never played the guitar in a song or on stage, so unless he's taken up a new hobby while laying low post-assault, what's with the axe here? Will the new Chris Brown shred the fretboard a la Lil Wayne? One can only hope.
2. The Bionic Hand: We'll excuse the token literal "graffiti" spraypaint can, but why the bionic hand? Brown's time travel into the future seems to have caused him to lose his painting hand at some point, which begs even more: How will he play the guitar with one hand?! Seriously, people.
3. The 'Graffiti' Font: This is where things start to look a whole lot like Adam Lambert's recent album cover, which also caused many music fans to scratch their heads and think: "Joke? Right? Really? Wow." The glam-and-outer-space similarities are uncanny, but Lambert's was intentionally cheesy, so Adam 1, Chris 0. Also, if things are going to be as cut-and-dry as "Hey, the album is called 'Graffiti' so I'm going to have a spraypaint can," why isn't the title -- which is the direct result of the spraypaint -- done in graffiti style? Keep it real, Mr. Brown.
4. The Boots and Pants: Ladies and gentleman, Chris Brown is now part Ziggy Stardust, part goth. That seamline is far too tight for Brown's signature dancing brilliance, so maybe he'll be a bit more stationary ... and that would explain the guitar. Actually, it wouldn't. Nevermind on that.
5. The Cartoon Animals: We'll openly admit that there's likely a Brown-influenced reason these are there, and we simply don't know about it because we're not cool enough. However, with that said ... um, can someone explain?
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Toys 'R' Us pulling 'Breaking Bad' dolls from stores, website
- 'Django' actress Daniele Watts charged with lewd conduct
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Live-action ?Static Shock,' ?Mortal Kombat' unveiled as part of WB digital slate
- What is going on at Marvel? A PopWatch conspiracy theory
- Someone made a real hoverboard, so you should maybe get excited a little bit
- What Are Kerry Washington's Makeup Must-Haves?
- The Palin Family Brawl in Alaska: Listen to Bristol Describe Her Beatdown!
- Kris Jenner Responds to Rumors She Was on a Date with a Mystery Man
- Kate Middleton Makes First Appearance Since Suffering From Morning Sickness; Blake Lively Shows Off Baby Bump and Cleavage: Top 5 Stories
- Uma Thurman's 16-Year-Old Daughter Maya Looks Almost Identical to Her -- See the Mini-Me Picture!
- A Man in Chicago Told President Obama to Not Flirt With His Fiancee and It Was Amazing -- Watch Here