Chris Brown's 'Graffiti' Album Cover: Five Awesomely Ridiculous Things About It
By PopEater Staff Posted Nov 2nd 2009 03:50PM
Chris Brown is slowly making his musical comeback following his assault on Rihanna and subsequent guilty plea, and he's made a big step by unveiling the cover art to his upcoming album, 'Graffiti.' Generally, we let album covers speak for themselves, but this one is just so awesomely bad (and similar to Adam Lambert's masterpiece) that we had to dive deeper and break it down. After the Jump, Our Analysis!
1. The Guitar: Unless we missed something, Chris Brown has never played the guitar in a song or on stage, so unless he's taken up a new hobby while laying low post-assault, what's with the axe here? Will the new Chris Brown shred the fretboard a la Lil Wayne? One can only hope.
2. The Bionic Hand: We'll excuse the token literal "graffiti" spraypaint can, but why the bionic hand? Brown's time travel into the future seems to have caused him to lose his painting hand at some point, which begs even more: How will he play the guitar with one hand?! Seriously, people.
3. The 'Graffiti' Font: This is where things start to look a whole lot like Adam Lambert's recent album cover, which also caused many music fans to scratch their heads and think: "Joke? Right? Really? Wow." The glam-and-outer-space similarities are uncanny, but Lambert's was intentionally cheesy, so Adam 1, Chris 0. Also, if things are going to be as cut-and-dry as "Hey, the album is called 'Graffiti' so I'm going to have a spraypaint can," why isn't the title -- which is the direct result of the spraypaint -- done in graffiti style? Keep it real, Mr. Brown.
4. The Boots and Pants: Ladies and gentleman, Chris Brown is now part Ziggy Stardust, part goth. That seamline is far too tight for Brown's signature dancing brilliance, so maybe he'll be a bit more stationary ... and that would explain the guitar. Actually, it wouldn't. Nevermind on that.
5. The Cartoon Animals: We'll openly admit that there's likely a Brown-influenced reason these are there, and we simply don't know about it because we're not cool enough. However, with that said ... um, can someone explain?
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- WATCH: 'Everybody Loves Raymond' cast reunites
- Celebrities who saved themselves for marriage
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Entertainment Geekly: Or maybe ?Twilight' was the best thing to happen to Comic-Con
- ?Mindy Project' star Adam Pally reveals which celeb sex tape he owns
- Recast ?Game of Thrones' princess posts hilarious video reaction
- Watch! One Direction Star Strips Down on a Boat... Guess Who It is
- Benji Madden Plays Coy About Vacation Pics with GF Cameron Diaz
- 'Extra' Trend Spotter: Steve Madden's Favorite Shoe Fashion!
- Kim Kardashian Shares Bikini Pictures With North West; Adrienne Bailon Defends Rob Kardashian Comments: Top 5 Thursday Stories
- Sebastian Stan and Margarita Levieva Are Dating!
- Kristen Stewart Will Not Star in Snow White and the Huntsman Sequel, Charlize Theron and Chris Hemsworth Reprise Roles