Rihanna to Break Silence on Beating
Rihanna, who was beaten by Brown during Grammy weekend in February, will speak to Diane Sawyer about that storied night and everything that's happened since. The interview will appear in several installments on both shows.
The singer will also be debuting her new single, 'Russian Roulette,' during a performance on "GMA.'
Brown's attack on then-girlfriend Rihanna occurred in February. He was sentenced in August to five years' probation, six months of community labor and a year of domestic violence counseling after he pleaded guilty to felony assault.
In a recent interview, Brown apologized once again for his role in the assault, saying: "I regret every moment," and that he's "certain [this will never happen again]. I've seen the pain people have been through and I don't want to inflict that anymore."
Rihanna's ABC interview coincides with the debut of her new single, "Russian Roulette," from her upcoming album, "Rated R." It's her first CD since 2007's multiplatinum "Good Girl Gone Bad."
2009 AOL LLC. All Rights Reserved. Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. Active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Miley Cyrus nude for V magazine
- Chelsea Clinton leaving NBC News role
- Miley Cyrus' date to MTV awards show turns self in at Oregon jail, posts bail
- 'Friends' Reunion Gone Wrong? Why Fans Are So Upset
- Joan Rivers 'Resting Comfortably' Following Medical Scare
- Bobbi Kristina's Husband Nick Gordon Charged with DUI After Scary Wreck
- Hello Kitty Is Not a Cat: She Is a "Personification of a Cat," Say Creators, Plus More Facts About the Cartoon
- Demi Lovato: Kim Kardashian "Revolutionized Our Generation's View of What Beautiful Is"
- Angelina Jolie Releases Statement on Syria After Brad Pitt Marriage News Breaks