Carrie Prejean's Sex Tape May Have Led to Settlement
Prejean allegedly dropped her demand for a million dollar settlement after a lawyer representing the Miss California Pageant showed a video of her engaged in racy sexual acts.
"Carrie Prejean, [pageant director] Keith Lewis, and K2 Productions [the independent pageant producers] have dropped their claim against each other and wish each other the best in their future endeavors," reported the official statement. Sources have revealed that the pageant will pay Prejean approximately $100,000 for lawyer and publicist fees although she will earn nothing personally, says TMZ.
Prejean's answer regarding same-sex marriage during the 2009 Miss USA pageant caused national media attention. She was eventually dethroned by Miss California USA for alleged breach of contract.
Prejean sued the pageant and co-directors Lewis and Shannon Moakler for religious discrimination, infliction of emotional distress, public disclosure of private facts, libel and slander. She was countersued by the group for $5,200 given for breast-augmentation surgery. The group is part of the Miss Universe Organization largely owned by real estate mogul Donald Trump.
"We are moving forward from the past and looking towards the crowning of two winners and the new look of the upcoming Miss California USA pageant, telecast live on Nov. 22," added Lewis, executive director of the pageant.
Prejean, 22, became Miss California USA 2009 before placing first runner up in the Miss USA 2009 pageant. She believes her same-sex statements cost her the crown. Her book 'Still Standing: The Untold Story of My Fight Against Gossip, Hate, and Political Attacks' is expected to be released on Monday.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Apple Denies iCloud Breach in Statement About Stolen Pictures
- Kim Kardashian Wears Sexy See-Through Skirt, Black Bodysuit With Kanye West: See Her Skintastic Outfit
- Brad Pitt Honored Angelina Jolie's Late Mother, Marcheline Bertrand, at Their Wedding
- In The Midst Of Drugging Scandal, TBS Cancels Cee Lo Green’s ‘The Good Life’
- ?RHOC' Casting Shakeup! Bravo ?Actively Casting' Tamra's Replacement After Drama-Filled Season ? Execs Want A ?Voice Of Reason,' Says Source
- Joan Rivers Remains On Life Support Despite Reports She Would Be Taken Out Of Coma
- Alleged hacked McKayla Maroney pics banned from Reddit; site says she would be underage in them
- Justin Bieber charged with assault, Ontario police say
- Miranda Lambert, Blake Shelton reportedly turn down $1 million Las Vegas show deal
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Flashes Incredible Abs, Drops Shorts to Reveal Butt Crack—See the Pics
- Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow Spend Labor Day Weekend Together With the Kids
- Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson Set to Release Duets Album Just in Time for the Holidays—Get the Details!