Carrie Prejean's Sex Tape May Have Led to Settlement
Prejean allegedly dropped her demand for a million dollar settlement after a lawyer representing the Miss California Pageant showed a video of her engaged in racy sexual acts.
"Carrie Prejean, [pageant director] Keith Lewis, and K2 Productions [the independent pageant producers] have dropped their claim against each other and wish each other the best in their future endeavors," reported the official statement. Sources have revealed that the pageant will pay Prejean approximately $100,000 for lawyer and publicist fees although she will earn nothing personally, says TMZ.
Prejean's answer regarding same-sex marriage during the 2009 Miss USA pageant caused national media attention. She was eventually dethroned by Miss California USA for alleged breach of contract.
Prejean sued the pageant and co-directors Lewis and Shannon Moakler for religious discrimination, infliction of emotional distress, public disclosure of private facts, libel and slander. She was countersued by the group for $5,200 given for breast-augmentation surgery. The group is part of the Miss Universe Organization largely owned by real estate mogul Donald Trump.
"We are moving forward from the past and looking towards the crowning of two winners and the new look of the upcoming Miss California USA pageant, telecast live on Nov. 22," added Lewis, executive director of the pageant.
Prejean, 22, became Miss California USA 2009 before placing first runner up in the Miss USA 2009 pageant. She believes her same-sex statements cost her the crown. Her book 'Still Standing: The Untold Story of My Fight Against Gossip, Hate, and Political Attacks' is expected to be released on Monday.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Tyler Perry Wouldn't Have Done Gone Girl If He'd Known How Popular It Was
- Ed Sheeran Slams Miley Cyrus Feud After VMAs Drama, Says He's "Never Met Her"
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Will Shoot "Crazy Sex Scenes" Together in Upcoming Film
- Bali Suitcase Slaughter Is Getting Serious ? U.S. Attorney Urges Client Heather Mack To Hire Local Representative As Potential Death Penalty Looms
- It’s Over! Mariah Carey Drowning Her Sorrows Over Failed Nick Cannon Marriage —‘She Drinks Champagne Till Dawn’
- Killer Cocktail: Drew Barrymore's Sister Died Of Drug Mix, Toxicology Report Shows ? Meth, Painkillers, Benzos & MORE!
- 'Cops' crew member killed by police officers
- FOX411's pic of the day
- 'Sons of Guns' canceled after star Will Hayden arrested for allegedly repeatedly raping minor
- Total Bombshell! Hello Kitty Expert Reveals That the Iconic Character Isn't Even a Cat!
- Giuliana Rancic Does Hilarious Wiz Khalifa Impression While Discussing Amber Rose's Naked MTV VMAs Look—Watch the Clip!
- Ansel Elgort and High School Sweetheart Violetta Komyshan Break Up