Why You're Searching 'Rodell Vereen,' 'Sandra Bullock,' 'Carrie Prejean Sex Tape' and '$166 Million Jackpot'
By Sam Brand Posted Nov 4th 2009 07:31PM
'Rodell Vereen,' 'Sandra Bullock,' 'Carrie Prejean Sex Tape' and '$166 Million Jackpot' are surging in Google Trends? We can shed some light on the mystery. Google Trends provides the hottest keywords of the hour. Though the results change frequently, at any given time the list offers a snapshot of what's hot in the world of entertainment news. Here's what's steamin' tonight...
Sesame Street 40th Anniversary – Season 40 starts next Tuesday. Can you believe it? There are now 3rd generation 'Sesame Streeters' out there now – 40-year-young grannies, who grew up on the show and now watch it with their kids and their kids, all while the whole family eats Alphabet Soup in front of the tube. This coming season promises to be one of the most star-studded and accessible yet. Keep your eyes peeled for hosts Michelle Obama, Cameron Diaz, Adam Sandler, Kobe Bryant, Ricky Gervais among others playing with puppets in the coming months.
Carrie Prejean Sex Tape – California beauty queen Carrie Prejean filed a lawsuit against producers of the Miss USA Pageant after they disqualified her for making a less than PC answer to the gay marriage question. Pageant producers then countersued her for failing to pay back the loan they gave her to get her boobs done. Saucy, we know, and it now gets saucier. Today it was revealed that both parties dropped their suits after a lawyer representing the pageant producer allegedly showed Prejean a tape of her "engaged in sexual acts." Can't decide if this little saga is awesome, despicable, or maybe a little of both.
166 Million Jackpot – Bill Seebeck must have flipped his cookies when his slot machine hit jackpot and flashed $166,666,666.65 on the screen above. Life was about to become one gingerly walk through the park. But then Seminole Hard Rock Casino officials flanked him and told him the win was a malfunction. They tried to get Seebeck to sign a contract accepting zero dollars on the spot, but he refused. Give the man something! Even if the machine in question is supposed to deliver only a $90K jackpot.
Brandon Patch – File this one under "only in America." 18-year-old American Legion pitcher Brandon Patch delivered a baseball in 2003 that wacked against a batter's aluminum Louisville Slugger bat and then hit him in the head. Patch died that day and today a Montana jury awarded his family $850,000. The Patch family argued that aluminum bats send baseballs flying at speeds so great that pitchers don't have time to react. The jury agreed.
Sandra Bullock Custody Battle – Sandra Bullock wants a baby back. Problem is, it's not her baby. Bullock and husband Jesse James are fighting against James' ex-wife Janine Lindemulder to gain custody of his 5-year-old daughter Sunny. Bullock and James raised the kid while Lindemulder spent time in prison for tax evasion and they're trying to make the case that Sunny would be better off in their care than that of Lindemulder, a former pornstar and featured hottie in two of Blnk 182's music videos.
Rodell Vereen – No wonder "Buggery" is one of the hottest trending words on Google right now. Maybe you remember hearing about Rodell Vereen this past summer. He's the South Carolina man who was caught on camera making sweet love to a horse and then held at gunpoint by the horse's owner until the cops arrived. Why was there a camera in the horse's stall? Well, Vereen had been caught doing the nasty with the creature a couple years prior. Today the man was sentenced to three years in prison for the offense. Wonder if the horse is gonna miss him.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Dancing With the Stars Season 19 Premiere Recap: First Dances Bring Gaffes, Greatness
- Miss Nebraska Megan Swanson Flashes Underwear on Live TV; Angelina Jolie Looks Sporty in Shorts with Brad Pitt: Top 5 Stories
- Khloe Kardashian Jokingly Blames Pregnant Sister Kourtney For Her Weight Gain
- Fallen PALINtician! Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin Emerges Looking Haggard In Wake Of Alleged Family Brawl ? Where's Her Wedding Ring?!
- Sarah Palin's Haggard And Without Wedding Ring Post Alleged Brawl
- Crumbling Empire: Teresa Giudice Lists Beloved Jersey Shore House & Family Boat After Mansion Put On Market ? Ahead Of October Sentencing Date
- Cheryl Burke: This is 'probably' my last season on 'Dancing With the Stars'
- 'Jersey Boys' lyricist Bob Crewe dead at 83
- Atlanta rapper Gucci Mane sentenced in assault for hitting fan with vodka bottle at nightclub
- August Alsina Collapses Off Stage During New York Concert—See the Scary Clip
- Ranking the Awkwardness on the Dancing with the Stars Premiere: What Made Us Cringe the Most?
- Sarah Palin Goes Makeup-Free—and Kinda, Sorta Gives the Finger—After Family Is Involved in Drunken Fight