Restraining Order Filed Against Verne Troyer
In court documents, Yvette Monet, a model and part-time actress from Minnesota, reportedly stated that she used to date Verne, but they have been broken up for months.
She alleges that Verne constantly texts and emails her, despite her many requests for him to stop, and that he has sent her threatening messages calling her a 'hooker' and warning her to watch herself, reports Australia's Daily Telegraph.
Verne allegedly told Yvette that his friend Bart 'is carrying guns and will do anything he says' and that 'his friend Jose is a cop and has guns as well', according to a report in the Sydney Telegraph.
Yvette's request is that Troyer be asked to stay away from her, her workplace, her home and her vehicle.
The 2-ft-8 inch Troyer appeared in the 'Austin Powers' movies and also appeared in 'The Surreal Life.' Troyer made scandalous headlines last year when a sex tape featuring him and former girlfriend Renae Shrider was leaked to the media.
Jason Merritt, Getty Images
Alberto E. Rodriguez, Getty Images
John Shearer, WireImage
Albert L. Ortega, WireImage
Monroe County Sheriff's Office / AP
Kirsty Wigglesworth, AP
The restraining order is in effect until the beginning of December.
Update from TMZ: Verne's lawyer, Ed McPherson, says his client is "shocked and appalled" at what he calls the "false and frivolous accusations." McPherson can't believe a judge issued the restraining order without giving Verne notice and with no proof of Monet's allegations.
McPherson says Verne can't wait to fight this one out in court.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Exclusive: Joe Lo Truglio Marries Beth Dover in Chic, Rustic Santa Barbara Wedding
- Eric Hill Dead: Bachelorette Contestant Dies After Paragliding Accident; Rumer Willis Flashes Underwear: Top Stories
- Ryan Seacrest Celebrates Decade On Radio With New TV Special
- California high court won't review conviction of Michael Jackson's doctor
- Hollywood sex abuse suit: Theater producer denies allegations
- 'Bachelorette' contestant dies after parachute accident