Restraining Order Filed Against Verne Troyer
In court documents, Yvette Monet, a model and part-time actress from Minnesota, reportedly stated that she used to date Verne, but they have been broken up for months.
She alleges that Verne constantly texts and emails her, despite her many requests for him to stop, and that he has sent her threatening messages calling her a 'hooker' and warning her to watch herself, reports Australia's Daily Telegraph.
Verne allegedly told Yvette that his friend Bart 'is carrying guns and will do anything he says' and that 'his friend Jose is a cop and has guns as well', according to a report in the Sydney Telegraph.
Yvette's request is that Troyer be asked to stay away from her, her workplace, her home and her vehicle.
The 2-ft-8 inch Troyer appeared in the 'Austin Powers' movies and also appeared in 'The Surreal Life.' Troyer made scandalous headlines last year when a sex tape featuring him and former girlfriend Renae Shrider was leaked to the media.
Jason Merritt, Getty Images
Alberto E. Rodriguez, Getty Images
John Shearer, WireImage
Albert L. Ortega, WireImage
Monroe County Sheriff's Office / AP
Kirsty Wigglesworth, AP
The restraining order is in effect until the beginning of December.
Update from TMZ: Verne's lawyer, Ed McPherson, says his client is "shocked and appalled" at what he calls the "false and frivolous accusations." McPherson can't believe a judge issued the restraining order without giving Verne notice and with no proof of Monet's allegations.
McPherson says Verne can't wait to fight this one out in court.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bachelor Season 18 Finale Spoiler: Does Juan Pablo Pick Nikki Ferrell or Clare Crawley?
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux Grab Lunch Together in NYC: Picture
- Cheryl Cole Returning to X Factor UK With Simon Cowell
- My Mom Is To Blame! ‘Teen Mom’ Jenelle Evans Defends Baby Daddy Yelling At Her Mother, Says He Overheard Her Making Rude Comments About Him
- ?The Bachelor' recap: Juan Pablo makes his choice in awkward, unprecedented finale
- Miley Cyrus fan sneaks into star's dressing room, leaves note, police say
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Andi Dorfman Is Officially the Next Bachelorette! Find Out When Her Season Premieres
- Believe Debuts on NBC: What Did You Think of Alfonso Cuarón and J.J. Abrams' New Drama?
- Selena Gomez's Family Thought Justin Bieber Was the "Worst Thing to Ever Happen" to Her—Has That Changed?