Rue McClanahan Hospitalized With Heart Condition, Will Miss Gala in Her Honor
"My darlings, I'm just devastated that I am going to have to miss my own tribute," McClanahan, 75, said in a statement from her hotel room. "Unfortunately, my doctor has laid down the law, and I'm currently having some maintenance on the old ticker."
She added: "Trust me, I'd much rather be in San Francisco having fun and being adored by all of you."
'Golden: A Gala Tribute to Rue McClanahan' was scheduled to take place Nov. 14 at the Castro Theatre in San Francisco and would have featured clips, a sing-along to the 'Golden' theme and look-a-like contest. McClanahan played saucy retiree Blanch Devereaux on the popular series.
The show's producer, Marc Heustis, told SFist.com he hopes to reschedule the event after the honoree heals up.
McClanahan's castmate Bea Arthur (Dorothy) died in April at 86, while Estelle Getty (Sophia) passed away last July at age 84. Betty White (Rose), 87, continues to be a busy actor in Hollywood, and recently made a cameo on '30 Rock' where Tracy Morgan's character called her to ask if she was going to die any time soon.
Morena Brengola, Getty Images
Matt Kent, Redferns / Getty Images
Charley Gallay, Getty Images
Jun Sato, WireImage
Bryan Bedder, Getty Images
Frederick M. Brown, Getty Images
Jason LaVeris, FilmMagic
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Candace Cameron Bure Offers Advice to Dancing With the Stars Contestants
- Cara Delevingne Lands Starring Role Opposite Nat Wolff in John Green's Paper Towns Film Adaptation
- Adam Levine, Blake Shelton Gush About Gwen Stefani: "She's an Icon"
- Alanis Morissette said fame caused her to have PTSD
- Liza Minnelli recovering after surgery
- 'Fight Church:' Does modern Christianity feminize guys?
- Katherine Webb Is a Picture-Perfect Bride, Plus See Photos From Inside Her Dreamy Wedding!
- The 7 Absolute Things You Must Do Before Meeting Your Online Date for the First Time!
- John Travolta Responds to Gay Affair Rumors: "Sex Stuff Is Always Going to Be Interesting to Somebody"