Rue McClanahan Hospitalized With Heart Condition, Will Miss Gala in Her Honor
"My darlings, I'm just devastated that I am going to have to miss my own tribute," McClanahan, 75, said in a statement from her hotel room. "Unfortunately, my doctor has laid down the law, and I'm currently having some maintenance on the old ticker."
She added: "Trust me, I'd much rather be in San Francisco having fun and being adored by all of you."
'Golden: A Gala Tribute to Rue McClanahan' was scheduled to take place Nov. 14 at the Castro Theatre in San Francisco and would have featured clips, a sing-along to the 'Golden' theme and look-a-like contest. McClanahan played saucy retiree Blanch Devereaux on the popular series.
The show's producer, Marc Heustis, told SFist.com he hopes to reschedule the event after the honoree heals up.
McClanahan's castmate Bea Arthur (Dorothy) died in April at 86, while Estelle Getty (Sophia) passed away last July at age 84. Betty White (Rose), 87, continues to be a busy actor in Hollywood, and recently made a cameo on '30 Rock' where Tracy Morgan's character called her to ask if she was going to die any time soon.
Morena Brengola, Getty Images
Matt Kent, Redferns / Getty Images
Charley Gallay, Getty Images
Jun Sato, WireImage
Bryan Bedder, Getty Images
Frederick M. Brown, Getty Images
Jason LaVeris, FilmMagic
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bruce Jenner's Diane Sawyer Interview: Laverne Cox and More Celebs Embrace His Bravery -- Read Their Reactions Here
- Bruce Jenner E! Documentary Confirmed Following His Emotional Confession ? Get All the Details on the Eight-Part One-Hour Docuseries
- Bruce Jenner Tells Diane Sawyer: Kim "Has Been, By Far, the Most Accepting" of the Kardashians
- Everything We Learned From Bruce Jenner's Candid Diane Sawyer Interview
- Bruce Jenner Says Khloé Kardashian Is Taking His Transition the Hardest ''Because She's Had a Lot of Losses in Her Life''
- Bruce Jenner's Family Reacts to Diane Sawyer Interview: We Are "So Very Proud" of Our "Hero"