Rue McClanahan Hospitalized With Heart Condition, Will Miss Gala in Her Honor
"My darlings, I'm just devastated that I am going to have to miss my own tribute," McClanahan, 75, said in a statement from her hotel room. "Unfortunately, my doctor has laid down the law, and I'm currently having some maintenance on the old ticker."
She added: "Trust me, I'd much rather be in San Francisco having fun and being adored by all of you."
'Golden: A Gala Tribute to Rue McClanahan' was scheduled to take place Nov. 14 at the Castro Theatre in San Francisco and would have featured clips, a sing-along to the 'Golden' theme and look-a-like contest. McClanahan played saucy retiree Blanch Devereaux on the popular series.
The show's producer, Marc Heustis, told SFist.com he hopes to reschedule the event after the honoree heals up.
McClanahan's castmate Bea Arthur (Dorothy) died in April at 86, while Estelle Getty (Sophia) passed away last July at age 84. Betty White (Rose), 87, continues to be a busy actor in Hollywood, and recently made a cameo on '30 Rock' where Tracy Morgan's character called her to ask if she was going to die any time soon.
Morena Brengola, Getty Images
Matt Kent, Redferns / Getty Images
Charley Gallay, Getty Images
Jun Sato, WireImage
Bryan Bedder, Getty Images
Frederick M. Brown, Getty Images
Jason LaVeris, FilmMagic
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Justin Timberlake Kisses Pregnant Jessica Biel's Bare Baby Bump on 34th Birthday: Instagram Photo
- Taylor Swift Wishes Justin Timberlake Happy Birthday, Posts Throwback Photo With Beyonce, Jay Z
- Rihanna, Kanye West, Paul McCartney to Perform at Super Bowl DirectTV Bash
- Whitney Houston's daughter, Bobbi Kristina Brown, found unresponsive in tub
- Celebs and sports stars converge for pre-Super Bowl party
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Stephen Fry urges UK to pardon gay men
- Victor Cruz Reveals When He's Getting Married, Promises Giant Wedding Won't Be a "Snoozefest"
- Kim Kardashian Thinks North West May Be "Annoyed" at All Her Kisses, but What About Their Snuggle Fests?
- Birthday Boy Justin Timberlake Confirms Wife Jessica Biel Is Expecting, Shares Cutest (and Biggest) Baby Bump Photo