O Boy Band Romeo, Wherefore Art Thou?
By Laura Ferreiro Posted Nov 6th 2009 05:00PM
Those synchronized dance moves, color-coordinated outfits, four-part harmonies and emotive solos -- who does them better than boy bands? With the Backstreet Boys (photo, left) in the midst of a "comeback" tour and Robbie Williams' recent announcement that he plans to perform again with Take That (photo, right), we thought it only fitting to find out what their contemporary boy bands have been up to lately, starting with ...
98 Degrees: 1997-2002
'The Hardest Thing' | Watch 98 Videos
98 Degrees' founding member Jeff Timmons launched a solo career and landed a Top 20 spot on the, ahem, Adult Contemporary Chart with the tune 'Whisper That Way.' He also appeared on the VH1 reality series 'Mission: Man Band', which saw him attempting to form a "man band" made up of fellow former boybanders Bryan Abrams of Color Me Badd, Rich Cronin of LFO and Chris Kirkpatric of *NSYNC. On a heavier note, he was arrested for alleged drunk driving in 2006 and sentenced to a year of probation after pleading no contest to reckless driving charges.
'All or Nothing' | Watch O-Town Videos
While *NSYNC's Justin Timberlake has gone on to achieve uber-stardom and his bandmates Joey Fatone and Lance Bass had their own star turns on 'Dancing with the Stars,' what happened to the remaining members of the famed five-piece?
'Bye Bye Bye' | Watch *NSYNC Videos
'Bye Bye Bye' | Watch *NSYNC Videos
Chris Kirkpatrick offered up his Orlando home for the aforementioned reality show 'Mission: Man Band', which chronicled his unsuccessful attempt to create a "man band" with members of other boy bands (they were booed off the stage when they performed during an Orlando Magic half-time show). He also starred in CMT's show 'Gone Country,' competing to become a country crooner alongside Jermaine Jackson and the show's ultimate winner, heavy metal singer Sebastian Bach. He can now be heard on the Orlando radio show, "Johnny and Jayde," which airs Friday mornings.
Meanwhile, JC Chasez went on to release a solo album, 'Schizophrenic,' in 2004, and has found himself writing and producing for artists including Girls Aloud, Basement Jaxx and David Archuleta. He currently serves as a judge on the MTV show 'America's Best Dance Crew.'
'Out of My Heart' | Watch BBMak Videos
Christian Burns churned out a couple of solo albums, collaborated with famed trance DJ Tiesto and is currently fronting the band The Bleach Works. Meanwhile, Stephen McNally went the way of many an ex-boybander and did the reality show thing, auditioning for Simon Cowell and Sharon Osbourne on Britain's answer to 'American Idol,' 'The X Factor.' He got as far as the boot camp round, and now sings lead for the band 10 Reasons to Live. Not much is known about Mark Barry, aside from the fact that he has racked up a few bag-piping champ titles in England.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Terrible celebrity hair
- Eric Church's Grammy-nominated album 'The Outsiders' goes Platinum
- Report: Selena Gomez still pining over Justin Bieber
- ?The Sing-Off' recap: One night, six groups, 800 blazers
- Truth, answers, and other things ?Serial' never promised you
- What to expect from the season 5 ?Sing-Off' groups: A very careful aca-sessment
- Extra Scoop: Celebs React to Sony's Decision to Pull ?The Interview'
- Extreme Beauty Roundup: Why Do Celebs Downplay Their Perfect Bodies?
- What's on Her Ear? See Demi Lovato's Daring New Look and More!
- Amber Portwood's Father, Shawn Portwood, Sr., Dead at 50 After Liver Surgery
- Taylor Swift Screams, Pulls Her Hair on Hollywood Reporter Cover, Says Spotify Decision Caused Other Artists to Thank Her
- Victoria Beckham Actually Loves Going Without Makeup, Easy Hair -- How Very Un-Posh!