Ellen Begs Her Way Onto O Cover
Over the last month, DeGeneres has pulled out all the stops to get herself on the cover of O. She documented on her daytime talk show how she called to Harpo Studios -- which run the Oprah empire -- which didn't go over so well. She was put on hold for 11 minutes and never got connected to the proper person.
Ellen also created mock covers of O magazine with Ellen photoshopped in.
Winfrey eventually noticed, and obliged Ellen's desire. The two will share separate December covers of O magazine, which Oprah announced during a live chat on 'Ellen.' "I was so upset that you were put on hold for 11 minutes, I still haven't gotten over that ... When I first heard about this ... I thought it was such a fantastic idea. I was only sorry that I did not think of it myself, so I'm calling to officially invite you on the cover of O," Oprah said to much applause.
In a statement on her Web site, Winfrey said that "Ellen DeGeneres is a woman who can make things happen. When she decided she wanted to be on the cover of O, she pulled out all the stops (just look at her creative concepts here). It worked -- for only the second time in O history, this December, I'm sharing the cover with a woman I adore."
On Monday, Nov. 9, Oprah will interview Ellen about the whole process, and likely a good deal more.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Harry Styles Takes Kendall Jenner to Gay Bar, Gwyneth Paltrow Attends Jennifer Aniston's Holiday Party: Top 5 Stories
- Adam Shankman Checks Into Rehab, "Seeking Treatment"
- Paris Hilton Reunites With Simple Life Costar, Former BFF Nicole Richie in Miami: Picture
- Kenya Moore Reveals Heartbreaking Relationship With Her Mother: She Doesn’t Love Me & Pretends I’m Invisible
- 'The Sound of Music' actress Eleanor Parker dies at 91
- Break Time: 'Fifty Shades of Grey' inspires racy lingerie line
- Candace Cameron Bure: 'I'm not going to get naked, and I'm not going to have sex scenes'