Ellen Begs Her Way Onto O Cover
Over the last month, DeGeneres has pulled out all the stops to get herself on the cover of O. She documented on her daytime talk show how she called to Harpo Studios -- which run the Oprah empire -- which didn't go over so well. She was put on hold for 11 minutes and never got connected to the proper person.
Ellen also created mock covers of O magazine with Ellen photoshopped in.
Winfrey eventually noticed, and obliged Ellen's desire. The two will share separate December covers of O magazine, which Oprah announced during a live chat on 'Ellen.' "I was so upset that you were put on hold for 11 minutes, I still haven't gotten over that ... When I first heard about this ... I thought it was such a fantastic idea. I was only sorry that I did not think of it myself, so I'm calling to officially invite you on the cover of O," Oprah said to much applause.
In a statement on her Web site, Winfrey said that "Ellen DeGeneres is a woman who can make things happen. When she decided she wanted to be on the cover of O, she pulled out all the stops (just look at her creative concepts here). It worked -- for only the second time in O history, this December, I'm sharing the cover with a woman I adore."
On Monday, Nov. 9, Oprah will interview Ellen about the whole process, and likely a good deal more.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Prince William Commemorates ANZAC Day As Kate Middleton Prepares to Give Birth to Second Royal Baby
- Bruce Jenner Building "Glam Room" Amid Gender Transition: "We're Totally Going to Rock This Place!"
- Kourtney Kardashian Doesn't Want Scott Disick "Drunk in the Delivery Room": Watch the KUWTK Clip!
- Celebs donate $500,000 scholarships to students on UNCF show
- Lena Dunham: 'When I was raped, I felt powerless'
- Scarlett Johansson says it was hard being married to another actor
- Jared Leto Is Terrifying as the Joker in Suicide Squad—See the New Photo That Will Haunt Your Nightmares!
- Bruce Jenner's Ex-Wife Linda Thompson Posts Essay After ABC Interview, Talks Marriage and Says She's Grateful
- Rob Kardashian Calls Bruce Jenner a "Role Model" After Diane Sawyer Interview, Kim Kardashian Shares Selfies