Ellen Begs Her Way Onto O Cover
Over the last month, DeGeneres has pulled out all the stops to get herself on the cover of O. She documented on her daytime talk show how she called to Harpo Studios -- which run the Oprah empire -- which didn't go over so well. She was put on hold for 11 minutes and never got connected to the proper person.
Ellen also created mock covers of O magazine with Ellen photoshopped in.
Winfrey eventually noticed, and obliged Ellen's desire. The two will share separate December covers of O magazine, which Oprah announced during a live chat on 'Ellen.' "I was so upset that you were put on hold for 11 minutes, I still haven't gotten over that ... When I first heard about this ... I thought it was such a fantastic idea. I was only sorry that I did not think of it myself, so I'm calling to officially invite you on the cover of O," Oprah said to much applause.
In a statement on her Web site, Winfrey said that "Ellen DeGeneres is a woman who can make things happen. When she decided she wanted to be on the cover of O, she pulled out all the stops (just look at her creative concepts here). It worked -- for only the second time in O history, this December, I'm sharing the cover with a woman I adore."
On Monday, Nov. 9, Oprah will interview Ellen about the whole process, and likely a good deal more.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Cosby Show Producer: Bill Cosby Rape Allegations "Kind of Tarnished" the Show's Legacy
- Clay Aiken on Donald Trump's Run for Presidency: "I Don't Think Anybody Should Discount Him"
- Kelly Clarkson Covers Miley Cyrus' "Wrecking Ball," Wows Audience
- 'Mission: Impossible' climbs to No. 1, 'Vacation' is a bust
- British singer and TV host Cilla Black dies at 72
- Charlize Theron adopts second child, a baby girl
- Jamie Chung Celebrates Upcoming Wedding With Enchanting Bridal Shower and Surprise Tribute to The Bachelor
- Amy Schumer Determined to Reduce Gun Violence, Says She Thinks of Lafayette Shooting Victims "Everyday"
- Marcus Grodd and Lacy Faddoul Got Married on Bachelor in Paradise & It Was Beautiful