Rihanna Says Brown Assault 'Was Ugly'
In the portion of the interview that aired on 'GMA' on Friday (the full interview will air on '20/20' on Friday night), Rihanna says that prior to the assault, she and Brown "had a blast" at a pre-Grammy party. Then, on the ride home, she found a text message from another girl on his phone.
"I caught him in a lie, and he wouldn't tell the truth. I wouldn't drop it. I couldn't take that he kept lying to me, and he couldn't take that I wouldn't drop it," Rihanna says. Then, the R&B star says "the truth is right there: the text message. So, it escalated into him being violent towards me. It was ugly."
When asked by Sawyer what she was thinking about during the incident, Rihanna calmly replies: "That's all I kept thinking the whole time. 'When's it going to stop?' He had no soul in his eyes. He was clearly blacked out. There was no person."
Rihanna says after the assault in Brown's Lamborghini: "I was battered. I was bleeding, I was swollen in my face. There was no way of me getting home. My next option was to get out of the car and start walking in a gown and a bloody face. That whole night was not part of my plan."
She says that following the beating, Brown "didn't accept" the fact that they would be broken up. "Obviously he didn't want us to be apart, but I knew I had to make a decision for me."
Sawyer then asks Rihanna whether she hates Brown for beating her -- several times according to the first portion of the interview.
"No, I don't hate him at all," Rihanna says. "I actually love and care about him. I'm concerned about him doing well. I want him to do well, have a great career, have a great life, grow up and just take this as something that you had to go through to grow up and learn."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Britain still grappling with barrage of celebrity sex abuse
- Lou Ferrigno's wife Carla Ferrigno accuses Bill Cosby of assault; more come forward
- Norman Lear: Possible 'All in the Family' reboot for 2015
- This week's best Sound Bites: Jimmy Fallon, ?Dumb and Dumber To,' ?New Girl,' and more
- Idina Menzel sings the holiday classics, including ?Let It Go,' for iHeartRadio concert
- Now Playing Live Movie Reviews: Will 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1' Dominate?
- Duggar Fans Are Fighting Back! How They Plan to Save ?19 Kids'
- Bill Cosby Performs at Women's Fundraiser as More Alleged Victims Step Forward
- Kim Kardashian Rocks a Retro Bikini While Hanging With Michelle Rodriguez on a Yacht in Dubai ? Yep, That's Right
- New "Normal-Sized" Doll Named Lammily Comes With Cellulite Stickers -- and Kids Like Her More Than Barbie: Watch!
- Fifty Shades of Grey New Trailer: Christian Grey Asks "Do You Trust Me?"