Demi Moore: Poster Girl for Cougars
By PopEater Staff Posted Nov 9th 2009 11:30AM
"I'm certainly not the first person to be in a relationship with a younger man, but somehow I was plucked out as a bit of a poster girl," she says in the December issue of W Magazine. "I don't know why that is. But I just kind of step back sometimes and say, 'There is some reason, and what is it that I have to share in a positive way?'...I'd prefer to be called a Puma."
After the jump, Moore talks about her relationship with Ashton Kutcher and the lack of movie roles for actresses her age.
Demi Moore in W Magazine
Actress Demi Moore, 47, strikes a pose in the December issue of W Magazine. More photos >>
Theo Wargo, WireImage
On the lack of movie roles: "The frustrating part is that the type of roles I'd be interested in are not really coming to me. I hate to say it's a function of my age -but yes, I think in some ways it is. The majority of [female] roles are geared between 25 and 35."
How motherhood changed her life: "One of the things that hit me very strongly was the realization that what we do is not who we are. I had worked my whole life. Until I became a mother, that's the only way I measured my value."
On how Twitter is transforming her image: "People are much more interested in what I have to say directly, and that really changed the whole dynamic I have with fans...I can't impress enough the difference in how people are perceiving me. They're getting to see who I am."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Longtime Hollywood producer Jerry Weintraub dies at 77
- Bill Cosby said he got drugs to give women for sex
- Justin Bieber's buddy gets a shark bite during vacation
- Disney Buys Live-Action Prince Charming Project
- Style Notes: Beyonce's Bod Inspires Building; Topshop to Rerelease Best Hits for Archive Collection
- Adan Canto Boards ABC's 'Blood and Oil' as Series Regular (Exclusive)
Access HollywoodFEEDMore From Access Hollywood Li
- 'Can't Buy Me Love' Star Amanda Peterson Dies at 43
- U.S. Women's World Cup Final Win Scores Soccer Ratings Record
- Rumor Alert: Rachel McAdams May Play 'Doctor Strange' Female Lead