Fans Walk Out on Tracy Morgan During Raunchy Routine
By PopEater Staff Posted Nov 10th 2009 07:46AM
Tracy Morgan brought his brand irreverent humor to the upper-crusty confines of NYC's Carnegie Hall on Friday, but many fans were shocked and appalled by what they heard. According to the NY Daily News, the '30 Rock' star was "unspeakably filthy" throughout the show and inspired many customers to walk out in disgust. To be fair, Morgan made it clear who they paid to see: "You want the clean Tracy? Turn on the TV," he told them.
One audience member said people were "shocked and appalled with what was coming out of his mouth," including trash-talking about homosexuality (it's "a choice"), drugs, sex acts and pornography. One joke merged politics and the ever-growing catalog of celebrity sex tapes going around.
"Obama is really changing the White House, because he and Michelle will have the first presidential sex tape out," he said.
The News' spy reports "a continuous flow of people getting up and leaving throughout the show," including a legion of middle-aged women who grew uncomfortable when Moran began mimicking sex acts on stage.
Not everyone was appalled by his routine, though. Spike Lee and 'Rock' co-star Jane Krakowski were both in attendance and reportedly joined in on a standing ovation.
The former 'Saturday Night Live' comedian recently released a tell-all, 'I Am the New Black,' and even stopped by the PopEater offices to (cleanly) crack us up. Watch here and here.
Tracy Morgan Visits PopEater
"I just think that this was the right time. I mean, you know, I was mature enough. And I wanted to tell my story. I don't know how long I'm gonna be here, and I think,you know, the changing in the world and the president, all of those things that happened in world in the last two years inspired me," Tracy Morgan explains to PopEater why he wanted to write his book, 'I Am the New Black.'
Ben Trivett, PopEater
Ben Trivett, PopEater
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Rupert Murdoch inducted into TV Academy Hall of Fame: 'I believe in providing consumers with choice'
- Miranda Kerr strips down for sexy ad
- Rooney Mara Cast as Tiger Lily in 'Pan'
- Electro and Spider-Man Talk It Out in New 'ASM2' Clip (Video)
- 'Hateship Loveship' Trailer: Hailee Steinfeld Tricks Kristen Wiig Into Falling in Love (Video)
- Overthinking the inscrutable ?Mad Men' season 7 photos ? THEORIES
- Barack and Michelle Obama's greatest pop culture moments ? VIDEO
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Preview: Samuel L. Jackson Needs a Big Favor (EXCLUSIVE)
- Chris Pine Arrested, Charged With Drunk Driving
- Scarlett Johansson Is 'Really Impressed' by the 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Script