Joe Jackson Wants Some of Michael's Money
"Mr Jackson's petition will be considered as are all requests for money from Michael's estate," said Howard Weitzman, a lawyer for the administrators of the late singer's estate. He added that it was "quite surprising to learn of the request".
Joe Jackson stated that his monthly expenses are $20,000 but he only receives $1700 from the estate according to court papers filed in the Los Angeles Superior Court. They also claimed the King of Pop's estate has earned approximately $100 million since his death on June 25th. The request will be assessed in a hearing expected to occur next year.
A judge approved monthly payments to Katherine Jackson, Michael's mother, as well as his daughter and two sons. The will omitted Joe Jackson. Both the previously approved payments as well the request for a new allowance may be evaluated at the same time to come to a judgment on Joe's request.
Joe Jackson reportedly does not have a regular source of income and has relied on payments from Michael through his wife Katherine for years, according to court documents. His sole source of income is social security payments stated Jackson's lawyers. They further claimed that Joe suffered a stroke 10 years ago and suffers from diabetes.
Joe listed air travel, hotel accommodation, meals out and rent for his Las Vegas home as expenses according to court papers.
Joe Jackson, 81, is the patriarch of the Jackson family. He was the original manager of the Jackson 5 and his shrewd artistic and business management sparked their success. However, his svengali-like handling of his children and reports of physical and emotional abuse have tarnished his reputation.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Gabrielle Union Explains Why She Asked Dwyane Wade for a Prenup: "I Have My Own Wagon and Star"
- Hugh Jackman Enjoys a New York Snow Day With His Puppies!
- Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi Attempts "Kylie Jenner Lips", Uses Liner to Make Lips Fuller
- GoDaddy pulls Super Bowl puppy ad after outrage from animal rescue groups
- Alfred Hitchcock's shelved Holocaust documentary cannot be denied
- Larry Wilmore takes on ?American Sniper' on ?The Nightly Show'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden Pack on the PDA for L.A. Lakers' Kiss Cam Just Three Weeks After Their Wedding!
- Gabrielle Union Recasts Bring It On, Reveals Surprise Dream Role and Talks Importance of Strengthening Her Own Brand
- Ariana Grande vs. Russell Wilson: Who Rocked a Seattle Seahawks Jersey Better? Find Out Whose Look the Quarterback's Teammates Prefer!