Joe Jackson Wants Some of Michael's Money
"Mr Jackson's petition will be considered as are all requests for money from Michael's estate," said Howard Weitzman, a lawyer for the administrators of the late singer's estate. He added that it was "quite surprising to learn of the request".
Joe Jackson stated that his monthly expenses are $20,000 but he only receives $1700 from the estate according to court papers filed in the Los Angeles Superior Court. They also claimed the King of Pop's estate has earned approximately $100 million since his death on June 25th. The request will be assessed in a hearing expected to occur next year.
A judge approved monthly payments to Katherine Jackson, Michael's mother, as well as his daughter and two sons. The will omitted Joe Jackson. Both the previously approved payments as well the request for a new allowance may be evaluated at the same time to come to a judgment on Joe's request.
Joe Jackson reportedly does not have a regular source of income and has relied on payments from Michael through his wife Katherine for years, according to court documents. His sole source of income is social security payments stated Jackson's lawyers. They further claimed that Joe suffered a stroke 10 years ago and suffers from diabetes.
Joe listed air travel, hotel accommodation, meals out and rent for his Las Vegas home as expenses according to court papers.
Joe Jackson, 81, is the patriarch of the Jackson family. He was the original manager of the Jackson 5 and his shrewd artistic and business management sparked their success. However, his svengali-like handling of his children and reports of physical and emotional abuse have tarnished his reputation.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Britney Spears Teams Major Side Boob With Short Shorts: See Her Bold Workout Ensemble!
- Josh Murray Is Dating Anna von Staehle After Andi Dorfman Split: Meet His New Girlfriend!
- Teenage Boy Arrested for Instagramming Eminem Lyrics That Reference Columbine Shooting
- Cindy Crawford doesn't understand why unflattering photo makes other feel good
- Courtney Stodden's mom Krista regrets letting daughter marry older husband
- Justin Bieber explains why he cried after his VMAs performance