Mysteries of 'Toni Braxton,' 'Madoff Auction,' 'Prejean Sextape' Solved
By Sam Brand Posted Nov 10th 2009 11:52AM
'Toni Braxton,' and 'Prejean Sextape' are surging in Google Trends? We can shed some light on the mystery. Google Trends provides the hottest keywords of the hour. Though the results change frequently, at any given time the list offers a snapshot of what's hot in the world of entertainment news. Here's what's steamin' today...
Prejean Sextape – Is "sex tape" spelled with one word or two? Should it be hyphenated? Does it matter? Not on Google it doesn't. Type any version of the phrase today and you're sure to discover the revelation that the Carrie Prejean sex video is in fact real. She confirmed on Fox News last night that she made the X-rated video of herself for her then-boyfriend when she was 17-years-old. It was "the biggest mistake of my life," she told Fox. E! reports that the sex tape had been offered for sale to various websites over the past few months but that none would buy it. Nik Richie of TheDirty.com told E!, "It was very graphic and our lawyers wouldn't let us put it on the site."
Edmund Fitzgerald – A dashing British socialite? Robert Pattinson's rumored sidekick in the third 'Twilight' film? Madonna's new beau? Edmund Fitzgerald is none of these things. In fact, old Eddie is a boat, and a sunk one at that. On this day 34 years ago, the SS Edmund Fitzgerald AKA Mighty Fitz sank in Lake Superior during a thunderstorm. It was a very handsome ship, we're told. And it was also the subject of Gordon Lightfoot's hit "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald."
Elizabeth Lambert Interview – If Elizabeth Lambert isn't the most famous female soccer player in the world, we don't know who is. Thing is, she's never done an interview. At least not since she ravaged BYU's team with a series of flagrant fouls during a Mountain West semi-final last Thursday. The only peep out of Lambert was a terse apology note released after the game: "I let my emotions get the best of me in a heated situation. This is no way indicative of my character or the soccer player that I am."
Kareem Abdul Jabbar – Kareem scored more points in the history of the NBA than any other player. Maybe you know him better for his roles in 'Airplane!' and Bruce Lee's 'Game of Death.' Yesterday Kareem announced that he has leukemia. But the legend's spirits are high and his prognosis for a long life is positive.
Toni Braxton and Trey Songz – 43-year-old diva Toni Braxton and 25-year-old singer Trey Songz kissed passionately at the Soul Train Music Awards last Tuesday. Thing is, it was part of the performance. But now Braxton is splitting with husband Keri Lewis, formerly of Mint Condition, and R&B fans are asking if Songz is a homewrecker.
Madoff Auction – You want a boogie board with "Madoff" scrawled on it in black marker? How about a "Bernard Madoff Investment Securities" pen? Might as well throw in some Madoff envelopes and stationary, too. You can have all these things and more if you're the highest bidder at a Saturday auction held at the Sheraton New York Hotel and Towers by the U.S. Marshals. Sorry to say the notorious swindler's 8 boats are not currently up for sale.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Tyler Perry Wouldn't Have Done Gone Girl If He'd Known How Popular It Was
- Ed Sheeran Slams Miley Cyrus Feud After VMAs Drama, Says He's "Never Met Her"
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Will Shoot "Crazy Sex Scenes" Together in Upcoming Film
- Bali Suitcase Slaughter Is Getting Serious ? U.S. Attorney Urges Client Heather Mack To Hire Local Representative As Potential Death Penalty Looms
- It’s Over! Mariah Carey Drowning Her Sorrows Over Failed Nick Cannon Marriage —‘She Drinks Champagne Till Dawn’
- Killer Cocktail: Drew Barrymore's Sister Died Of Drug Mix, Toxicology Report Shows ? Meth, Painkillers, Benzos & MORE!
- 'Cops' crew member killed by police officers
- FOX411's pic of the day
- 'Sons of Guns' canceled after star Will Hayden arrested for allegedly repeatedly raping minor
- Megan Fox's Snakeskin Jacket Dress: Gotta Have It or Make It Stop?
- Total Divas Star Summer Rae Dishes on Her Love Life and Says There's "No Weirdness" After Kissing WWE's Fandango
- Total Bombshell! Hello Kitty Expert Reveals That the Iconic Character Isn't Even a Cat!