Robert Downey Jr. Likes View From the A-List
By PopEater Staff Posted Nov 10th 2009 12:03PM
Robert Downey Jr. is the current comeback king. After a long, notorious battle with drug addiction, Hollywood has happily welcomed him back with leading roles in big-budget films like 'Iron Man' and 'Sherlock Holmes.' In the December issue of Esquire, Downey opens up about his lucrative rise to the A-List, as well as his plans to have children.
On making money: "I love being a part of something that makes other people a bunch of dough. And I don't need to make nothing but big movies. In fact, if anything I'm probably in danger of wearing out my welcome."
On being A-List: "Suffice to say, dude, I'm not paranoid anymore. I'm not fearful. It's interesting to be surfing this tremendous crisis of capitalism - and I know there's a coral reef under me and I don't want to hang ten, but I do think that when you're in the pole position, that's when you try to beat your best personal time."
On starting fresh: "I hit my stride later than most folks. A couple years ago, it really was a big old hip-hip-hooray and let's get somethin' shakin' here. Then pfffffff - it reorganized at this higher level, and now there's more to manage, and more opportunity. And then there's nothing except the question of pacing - because I can go fast like this for a little while or I can start pacing it down and get where I'm actually supposed to be heading - and it's really, really elusive."
On having children: "The big unspoken thing here is that we intend to have a family... Hell, yeah. Speaking of artifacts. The ultimate artifact of our love. In a onesie.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Break Time: NFL star gets tons of wedding gifts
- Helen Mirren dresses like Queen Elizabeth, grants sick child's wish to meet royality
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Is Kellie Pickler the best winner ever?
- Benedict Cumberbatch Showers in Deleted 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene (Video)
- 'SNL': Bill Hader on Why Justin Timberlake Trumps Justin Bieber as Host (Video)
- Mark Hamill to Be Honored at PromaxBDA Conference (Exclusive)
- ?Nashville' season finale: Every kind of cliffhanger
- ?Modern Family' finale react: Moseying along
- Five ?Arrested Development' fanfiction ? aka Bluthcest ? stories you didn't know existed
- Brandi Glanville Claims She Hooked Up With Gerard Butler
- Charlie Sheen Talks Ladies – Onscreen & Off
- Jonah Hill ‘Overwhelmed’ By ‘Moneyball’ Supporting Actor Nomination
- 'The World's End' Trailer: Pints, Pals, and Killer Robots!
- 'Don Jon' Trailer: Joseph-Gordon Levitt and Scarlett Johansson Go Jersey
- Francis Ford Coppola Directing New Italian-American Saga