Judge Shuts Down Joe Jackson, Who Accuses Son's Executors of Fraud
By PopEater Staff Posted Nov 10th 2009 11:30PM
Michael Jackson's father has plenty of accusations against the overseers of his late son's will. Joe Jackson filed a 60-page motion to get money from his son's estate by making fraud accusation against John Branca and John McClain. He believes the men have a conflict of interest and shouldn't be in charge of the case.
But a judge on Tuesday dismissed Jackson's bid to challenge the appointment, effectively shutting the showbiz dad down. "Joe Jackson takes none of this estate. This is a decision his son made," Judge Mitchell Beckloff told the court.
Earlier in the day, Jackson's mother Katherine withdrew her objections to the appointment of the executors. Joe Jackson's lawyer, Brian Oxman, accused Katherine of backing out on an agreement with her family to challenge the executors and called the announcement "one of the most despicable things I have ever seen."
The showbiz dad was omitted from his son's will, with all assets going to his mother Katherine, his children and charities.
The flamboyant Oxman spoke before the ruling: "The executors have an obligation to tell the court the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth," Oxman said. "But for four months they've been silent as to where this will was signed. They are concealing this from the court and you cannot do that."
Citing lack of income, Joe Jackson is also seeking an allowance from his son's estate to help cover expenses that exceed $15,000 a month, according to court documents filed last week.
Howard Weitzman, a lawyer for Branca and McClain, said he was "quite surprising to learn of the request."
Joe Jackson stated that his monthly expenses are $20,000 but he only receives $1700 from the estate according to court papers filed in the Los Angeles Superior Court. They also claimed the King of Pop's estate has earned approximately $100 million since his death on June 25th. The request will be assessed in a hearing expected to occur next year.
Michael Jackson fans gather during a "Thriller" flashmob at Place de l'Hotel de Ville on October 28, 2009 in Paris, France. "Beat It" Flash Mob In Paris Place de l'Hotel de Ville Paris, France October 28, 2009 Photo by Julien Hekimian/WireImage.com To license this image (58761708), contact WireImage.com
A judge approved monthly payments to Katherine Jackson, Michael's mother, as well as his daughter and two sons. The will omitted Joe Jackson. Both the previously approved payments as well the request for a new allowance may be evaluated at the same time to come to a judgment on Joe's request.
Joe Jackson reportedly does not have a regular source of income and has relied on payments from Michael through his wife Katherine for years, according to court documents. His sole source of income is social security payments stated Jackson's lawyers. They further claimed that Joe suffered a stroke 10 years ago and suffers from diabetes.
- Filed under:
- Music News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Break Time: NFL star gets tons of wedding gifts
- Helen Mirren dresses like Queen Elizabeth, grants sick child's wish to meet royality
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Is Kellie Pickler the best winner ever?
Huffington Post - EntertainmentFEED
- Cleveland Kidnapping Hero To Get Free Burgers For Life
- PHOTOS: Has Ellen Had Enough Of LA?
- Jennifer Aniston On 'Friends' Reunion: 'We All Miss Working Together'
- ?Modern Family' finale react: Moseying along
- Five ?Arrested Development' fanfiction ? aka Bluthcest ? stories you didn't know existed
- EW's Bite of the Night: Submit your favorite quote from tonight's best TV!
- Get More Hot Deals from StyleMined.com!
- Christie Brinkley, 59, Sizzles in Swimsuit Pic
- Exclusive: Madonna on Family, Fashion and Feuds
- Kate Middleton Is Radiant in Yellow; Jennifer Aniston Reunites With Friends Costars on Ellen; Kim Kardashian Marvels at Her Pregnancy Curves: Today's Top Stories
- Alex O'Loughlin Shares First Picture of Son Lion, 6 Months
- Selena Gomez Goes Without Makeup, Shows Lighter Hair Color