Mike Tyson Arrested at LAX
The quick-tempered champ was busted for battery after a bloody confrontation with a paparazzo outside the United terminal. Allegedly, Tyson punched the paparazzo in the face and there was blood everywhere.
TMZ reports that Tyson was at a ticket counter at the United Airlines terminal when the incident occurred. The photographer got punched in the face, hit the ground, got up and began walking, leaving a trail of blood. An LAPD spokesperson said the photographer suffered a minor laceration to the forehead.
Cops say Tyson and the photographer performed citizen's arrests on each other -- both are expected to be booked for misdemeanor battery. If Tyson is prosecuted, given that he's a former boxing champ, the charge could end up being assault with a deadly weapon.
Tyson's rep says he was travelling with his 10-month old daughter when he was attacked by an overly aggressive paparazzi -- adding the boxer acted in self-defense to protect his child.
The photographer who ended up on the wrong end of Mike Tyson's fist says Tyson got in four good punches and blood was gushing "like a water fountain."
Paparazzo Tony Echevarria claims to TMZ.com:
- He wasn't disrespectful or aggressive
- Mike was initially in a good mood but turned sour when the pap asked about his wife
- Tyson became more agitated when he couldn't find a bathroom and saw the photog shooting him
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Khloe Kardashian Steps Out in Eye-Catching Ensemble, Mila Kunis Flashes Engagement Ring From Ashton Kutcher: Top Weekend Stories
- Jared Leto, Brother Shannon Leto Give Smoldering Stares in Bold, Printed Shirts: See the Sexy Picture
- Taylor Swift, Lorde Pal Around New York City: See the Goofy Picture
- '300' sequel tops box office with $45.1M debut
- Reality polygamy family says 'It's like coming out of the closet' doing the show
- Raunchy Johnny Carson sex tape reportedly being shopped around
- Once Upon a Time's Wicked-Awesome Debut, The Good Wife's Hot Hookup and More OMG TV Moments!
- Resurrection Debuts on ABC: Weigh in on the Series Premiere Now
- Dorothy Wang, Morgan Stewart and the Other #RichKids of Beverly Hills Get a Rude Awakening in NYC—See the Full Recap!