Mike Tyson Arrested at LAX
The quick-tempered champ was busted for battery after a bloody confrontation with a paparazzo outside the United terminal. Allegedly, Tyson punched the paparazzo in the face and there was blood everywhere.
TMZ reports that Tyson was at a ticket counter at the United Airlines terminal when the incident occurred. The photographer got punched in the face, hit the ground, got up and began walking, leaving a trail of blood. An LAPD spokesperson said the photographer suffered a minor laceration to the forehead.
Cops say Tyson and the photographer performed citizen's arrests on each other -- both are expected to be booked for misdemeanor battery. If Tyson is prosecuted, given that he's a former boxing champ, the charge could end up being assault with a deadly weapon.
Tyson's rep says he was travelling with his 10-month old daughter when he was attacked by an overly aggressive paparazzi -- adding the boxer acted in self-defense to protect his child.
The photographer who ended up on the wrong end of Mike Tyson's fist says Tyson got in four good punches and blood was gushing "like a water fountain."
Paparazzo Tony Echevarria claims to TMZ.com:
- He wasn't disrespectful or aggressive
- Mike was initially in a good mood but turned sour when the pap asked about his wife
- Tyson became more agitated when he couldn't find a bathroom and saw the photog shooting him
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Justin Bieber Says Sorry For "Arrogant" and "Conceited" Behavior, "I'm Not Who I Was Pretending to be"
- Chelsea Handler Touts Middle East Peace, Goes Topless and Wears Only Star of David Pasties in Israel While Riding a Camel
- Minions Get Naked, Go Streaking in Super Bowl XLIX Ad -- Watch the Craziness Here!
- Brandy Clark: I'm a real woman
- 'The Thorn Birds' author Colleen McCullough dies at 77
- Bruce Jenner's changing look
- President Barack Obama Proves He Has Plenty of "Uptown Funk" While Singing Bruno Mars' Hit Single
- Lara Bingle's Baby Bump Makes Its Debut—See the Pic!
- Rest Easy, Jeff Bridges' Sleeping Tapes Album Is Here and There's a Super Bowl Commercial to Go With It: Watch the Teaser!