Mysteries of 'Reebok EasyTone,' 'Mary Weiland,' 'Larry King Carrie Prejean' Solved
By Sam Brand Posted Nov 12th 2009 11:57AM
'Reebok EasyTone,' 'Lou Dobbs Resignation,' and 'CMA Award Winners' are surging in Google Trends? We can shed some light on the mystery. Google Trends provides the hottest keywords of the hour. Though the results change frequently, at any given time the list offers a snapshot of what's hot in the world of entertainment news. Here's what's steamin' today...
Mary Weiland – "I reject the stigma that the words 'mental illness' carry and I'd love to be a part of the movement to eliminate it," Scott Weiland's ex-wife writes in her new memoir 'Fall To Pieces.' Within the book's pages the former model recounts how she and her rock god husband wore long sleeves at Leonardo DiCaprio's parties to hide their heroin track marks. She remembers building a bonfire of her husband's couture rock outfits in their driveway. And she remembers being dragged off to a mental hospital where she was diagnosed with bi-polar disorder. Sounds like a fun book.
CMA Awards 2009 Winners – The story of the 2009 CMA Awards was Taylor Swift, Taylor Swift, Taylor Swift, Taylor Swift. The 19-year-old became the youngest musician to ever win the coveted Entertainer of the Year award. She also took home the awards for Female Vocalist, Music Video, and Album of the year. Former Hootie & the Blowfish frontman Darius Rucker won New Artist of the Year. Brad Paisley won Male Vocalist of the Year. And Mac Macanally won Musician of the Year.
Oprah Chimp Victim – By now you've seen the pics. They're not pretty. Charla Nash has a tougher road ahead of her than, well, anyone on earth. Yet somehow, she seems upbeat. Maybe it's because she doesn't know just how bad her condition is. Maybe she knows better than anyone else. Now the debate is shifting from the realms of blame and awe, and towards whether or not Oprah exploited the disfigured woman for ratings.
Larry King Carrie Prejean –Things got testy on 'Larry King Live' last night. Embattled beauty queen Carrie Prejean appeared in support of her new book 'Still Standing,' but threatened to leave when King asked her why she dropped her libel suit against K2 Productions. "Why settle since you had a fight to carry on?" King asked. Prejean refused to speak of the sex tape allegedly at the core of the settlement. "Larry, it's completely confidential and you're being inappropriate." But Larry pressed on, and Prejean continued to rebuke him until she finally pulled her mic off and the show cut to commercial.
Reebok EasyTone Shoes – You either want to see what all the fuss is about or you believe the hype. Reebok's new EasyTone sneakers promise to firm your butt and make your legs look sexy. But at the moment the ad is getting more attention than the product. If sex doesn't sell, it at least gets you to press play.
Lou Dobbs Resignation – Lou Dobbs had been with CNN since the cable news network's inception in 1980. Now he's on to bigger and better things. The venerable populist made the surprise announcement on his show yesterday, saying, "some leaders in media, politics and business have been urging me to go beyond my role here at CNN and to engage iin constructive problem-solving, as well as to contribute positively to a better understanding of the great issues of our day. And to continue to do so in the most honest and direct language possible." Does that mean politics is next for the 64-year-old television journalist? We'll find out before long.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kim Kardashian Dresses North in Skunk Costume; See How the Today Show Celebrated Halloween: Top 5 Stories
- Heidi Klum Dresses as a Butterfly for Annual Halloween Party -- See Her Crazy Costume Here!
- Kim Kardashian and North West Dress as Anna Wintour, Andre Leon Talley -- Plus, See Her Other Halloween Costumes!
- Tara Reid’s Skeletal Figure Scares Fans BEFORE She Puts On Halloween Costume!
- Demi Moore ‘Driving Mila Nuts,’ Wants Her To ‘Stay Away’ From Baby Wyatt ? Or Else!
- Judge Rules Amanda Bynes To Stay Under Conservatorship Until 2015, As Actress No-Show In Court
- Amanda Bynes to remain under her mom's care
- 30 years later, ?CHiPs' cast reunites
- Hello Kitty celebrates 40th anniversary
- Happy Halloween! Check Out Kim Kardashian, Lea Michele, Justin Bieber and More Stars in Costume!
- Melanie Griffith on Who She'd Like to Date Next and Why She'll Never Watch Daughter Dakota Johnson in Fifty Shades of Grey
- Chris Brown Talks All Things Rihanna: The Assault, Their Relationship, Drake and More—Watch Now!