Sharon Osbourne Sorry for Bashing Susan Boyle With Her 'Ugly Stick'
By PopEater Staff Posted Nov 12th 2009 08:05AM
A week after unleashing a vicious volley of insults at Susan Boyle -- including calling her a "hairy a--hole" whom God hit "with a f---ing ugly stick" -- Sharon Osbourne is now apologizing for the "cheap" stunt.
"Susan Boyle is a lovely gracious woman and I took advantage of that by poking fun at her," Osbourne wrote on Facebook. "I would never want to be responsible for hurting Susan and I must apologize for getting a cheap laugh at her expense."
Osbourne's unfiltered rant unfurled on Sirius XM's 'The Opie & Anthony Show' last week. Her comments started off the same as her apology: with a pleasantry: "She is a lovely lady. You just want to say 'God bless' and here's a Gillette razor," later saying "[God] gave her the talent. But he hit her with a f****** ugly stick."
Oh, but she wasn't finished with the 'Britain's Got Talent' star: "I like everybody to do well. Even somebody that looks like a slapped arse ... God bless her. It's like, 'You go girl'. She does look like a hairy a**hole."
Boyle, 47, appeared on the finale Osbourne's show 'America's Got Talent' where she performed the Rolling Stones song, 'Wild Horses.' Osbourne gave her a standing ovation.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Dancing with the Stars:' Maksim Chmerkovskiy won't return as a dancer
- 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' promotional tweet criticized for 9/11 resemblance
- 'Deadliest Catch's' Keith Colburn: Washington politics hurt my business
EW.COMFEEDMore From EW.com Li
- Zac Efron Opens Up to Bear Grylls About Why He Entered Rehab
- Lady Gaga's Parents Respond to Rumors About a Wedding for Their Daughter
- ?Bachelorette' Andi Dorfman Opens Up About Nick Viall's Bedroom Confession