Why You're Searching for 'Leap Year,' 'Thunder Collins,' and 'Meep Danvers'
By Sam Brand Posted Nov 12th 2009 08:16PM
'Leap Year Movie,' 'Meep Danvers,' and 'Taylor Swift SNL Monologue' are surging in Google Trends? We can shed some light on the mystery. Google Trends provides the hottest keywords of the hour. Though the results change frequently, the list offers a snapshot of what's hot in the world of entertainment news. Here's what's steamin' tonight...
Thunder Collins – With a name like that you'd figure Thunder Collins was a wrestler, a smokejumper, a lumberjack or a former football stand-out. If you figured that last one, you'd be right. But he won't be steamrolling linebackers any time in the near future. Today the former Nebraska running back was sentenced to life in prison plus 110 years for murdering a man and trying to kill another in a botched drug deal last year. That's a lot of years.
Carrie Prejean Sex Tape Video – Have we not run this story into the ground? I guess not. Rumors abound that the tape at the core of the beauty queen's settlement with K2 Productions is now available on the net. Truth or wishful thinking? We'll go with the latter, because we can't find it. Actually, we can't even go looking, because if we did, then we'd be searching the net for kiddy porn (she was 17 when she took the vid).
Brooke Hundley Interview – Steve Phillips lost his job and is currently being treated for sex addiction. His mistress, 22-year-old Brooke Hundley, lost her job and is currently hitting the morning show circuit. She appeared on 'Good Morning America' Thursday to explain why she stalked Phillips' kids on Facebook and sent a four-page letter to his wife. She felt trapped by the famous baseball analyst, she said. "I was in a situation where I felt like if I didn't do what was asked of me then everything I had worked for... could be gone like that."
Leap Year Movie – According to Irish tradition, a lass is allowed to propose to her lad only once every four years, on February 29. In the new rom-com 'Leap Year,' that's just what Amy Adams' character sets out to do. But then things go haywire, things break, things get wet, people get electrocuted, she falls in love with Matthew Goode, or so it seems, and everyone starts dancing. Hopefully somewhere along the way the audience laughs a little. 'Leap Year' is due out in theaters on January 8, 2010.
Meep Danvers – Kids these days. Danvers High School in Danvers, Mass. has banned its students from uttering the word "Meep." You heard that right. Principal Thomas Murray caught wind of an elaborate plan hatched by students on Facebook to interrupt school by bombarding teachers with "Meeps!" He sent an automated message to parents warning that their kids could face suspension if heard using the word.
Taylor Swift SNL Monologue – The 19-year-old CMA champion hosted 'Saturday Night Live' last week. For some reason (maybe because it's funny?!) her monologue video is just now catching fire. She opens the show strumming her guitar and jokes about herself, former boyfriend Joe Jonas, rumored boyfriend Taylor Lautner, and of course, Kanye.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Here Comes Honey Boo Boo Cancelled After Sex Offender Reports; Tori Spelling Reflects From Hospital Bed: Top 5 Stories
- Casper Smart: It's "Hard" Being Looked at as Only Jennifer Lopez's Ex-Boyfriend
- Ed Sheeran "Feels Bad," Says He'll Apologize to Miley Cyrus After Calling Her a Stripper
- ?I'm Hurt' ? Anna Shannon Confirms She Was Victim Of Mama June's Child Molester Boyfriend, Says Relationship With Mother ?Over'
- Remains Found In Virginia Confirmed To Be Those Of Hannah Graham
- Toxic Love? Marysville School Shooter & Girlfriend Had Relationship Turmoil Before Killings ? Read The Bitter Tweets
- Gene Simmons to women: Stop depending on men
- Jim Parsons to star in NBC's ?Elf' animated holiday special
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates Birthday Las Vegas-Style With Kanye West, Family and Friends
- Who Wore it Best? Supernatural's Castiel vs. Constantine's John Constantine
- Neil Patrick Harris Spills His Oscar Prep and Gets Fascinated by Jason Kennedy's Magic Trick—Watch Now!