Look at This Twitter Love Connection: Rossum Met Duritz Online
Many have wondered: why? Now we know how Emmy Rossum and Counting Crows singer Adam Duritz got together, and it involves micro-blogging.
The 'Poseidon' actress says her surprise relationship with Duritz began, oddly enough, on Twitter. "I was on tour with the band this summer. They invited me actually on Twitter," Rossum said Thursday on Valentine in the Morning radio show (via PEOPLE). "That's how we met -- on a dare. They dared me to come sing with them a song that I'd never sung before ... So I ended up on tour with the band, and it was very, very fun."
The pair started dating on the tour and soon they were spotted in public. Rossum just split with her husband, Justin Siegel, in August, and she defended why she had been keeping the marriage a secret.
"It's hard to have a private life and keep it private and hope that people don't pick you apart."
Rossum says now she's just trying to "find happiness" in this new chapter of her life.
The tennis player/'Age of Love' star and the actress were engaged over the summer but kept the news private for a few months.
Joe Corrigan, Getty Images
Jeffrey Mayer, WireImage
FilmMagic / WireImage
Polk Imaging / FilmMagic
Steve Granitz, WireImage
MORE ABOUT Emmy Rossum
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Emmy Rossum Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 14 movies that may not have made it to theaters today
- Hackers praise Sony for 'The Interview' cancellation, make new threats
- New Bill Cosby accuser said she blacked out for two days after comedian drugged her
- PopWatch Confessional: Your best entertainment-related gift
- ?Orange Is the New Black' celebrates Christmas with a Litchfield carol
- See the Heidi Klum Ads That Are Too Hot for? Las Vegas?
- Video: Katie Couric Asks Stephen Collins If He's a Pedophile
- J.Lo-M-G! Her Hot New Latina Mag Shoot? and Who's That Guy?
- Bill Cosby's Lawyer Says "Black Media" Quotes Were "Misconstrued," Slams "Mean-Spirited" Commentary
- President Obama on Sony Hack: Pulling The Interview Was "a Mistake," Flubs James Franco's Name as "Flacco"
- George Clooney Woos Elizabeth McGovern on Downton Abbey's Set for Charity Special