Mysteries of 'Twilf,' 'Dr. Conrad Murray,' and 'Rae Carruth' Solved
By Sam Brand Posted Nov 16th 2009 01:27PM
'Twilf,' 'Leonid Meteor Shower,' and 'Ken Ober Dead' are surging in Google Trends? We can shed some light on the mystery. Google Trends provides the hottest keywords of the hour. Though the results change frequently, at any given time the list offers a snapshot of what's hot in the world of entertainment news. Here's what's steamin' today...
Leonid Meteor Shower 2009 Time – We deal with the stars here at PopEater, and that includes the celestial variety. Though it's true that shooting stars and meteors aren't really stars. They're just pieces of Solar System debris that hit our atmosphere, burn up, and give us a sore neck. That's expected to happen in a big way tonight. Skywatchers in Asia may see a few hundred "shooting stars" per hour at the Leonids' peak. In North America the show will peak between 3:30 and 5:30 AM, when a "few dozen" meteors will streak across the sky per hour.
Twilf – Tweeps. Twitterrhea. Twitterati. Tweetheart. Twitterfly. Twaffic. The vocabulary of Twitterspeak grows ever larger. This week Current TV ran a cartoon called "The Stupid Virus" in which Sarah Palin is referred to as a "Twilf." The word means one of two things, or maybe two things at once, depending on what you think that "F" stands for. We'll say "follow" for now.
Dr. Conrad Murray – Michael Jackson's personal doc is hitting the headlines for all the wrong reasons today. He'll appear in court in California to plead his case in neglecting to pay $13,000 owed in child support. He's got a decent excuse: he's broke. According to TMZ, Murray hasn't been able to get a job since Jackson's death. In related news, Janet Jackson has come out and publicly blamed Murray for her brother's overdose. "He was the one administering... I think he is responsible," Janet says in an interview set to air on ABC Wednesday.
Carrie Prejean Sex Tape – Vivid Entertainment, the company that made porn stars of Kim Kardashian and Shauna Sand, wants to do the same of Carrie Prejean. CEO Steven Hirsch has reportedly offered the California beauty queen $1 million for the rights to distribute the sex tape at the center of her settlement with K2 Productions. But Prejean isn't signing on the dotted line. According to TMZ, she's got bigger fish to fry. "We're told she may sue the Miss Cali pageant, along with its officials, because she believes they leaked the settlement to TMZ."
Rae Carruth – 10 years ago today, NFL footballer Rae Carruth's pregnant girlfriend Cherica Adams was shot by masked gunmen and left for dead. But before passing away, she gave the world one last gift: a baby boy. Today that boy, Chancellor Lee Adams, turns 10. His mother's loss of blood and depleted oxygen left Chancellor with cerebral palsy. But he's walking and living with his loving grandma, and by all accounts, happy as a clam. The same can't be said for his father, who's locked away for life for orchestrating Cherica's murder.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kate Middleton Makes First Appearance Since Suffering From Morning Sickness; Blake Lively Shows Off Baby Bump and Cleavage: Top 5 Stories
- Uma Thurman's 16-Year-Old Daughter Maya Looks Almost Identical to Her -- See the Mini-Me Picture!
- A Man in Chicago Told President Obama to Not Flirt With His Fiancee and It Was Amazing -- Watch Here
- It Begins?Again! Prosecutors Open Jodi Arias' Death Penalty Trial With Gruesome Photo
- Off The Wagon? Kyle Richards ?Even More Concerned' About Sister Kim's Sobriety ? Confrontation Caught On Camera!
- Cheating, Drugs & Violence! Anjelica Huston Claims Ryan O'Neal Beat Her —‘I Saw Stars & Reeled Back’
- Toys 'R' Us pulling 'Breaking Bad' dolls from stores, website
- 'Django' actress Daniele Watts charged with lewd conduct
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Sex Tape Bonus Features: Jason Segel Talks Putting His Junk in Cameron Diaz's Face—Plus, Bloopers! Watch Now!
- Why We're Laugh-Puking at Sons of Anarchy and Why We Love-Hate The Voice: Our Rants and Raves
- New Mom Scarlett Johansson Makes Barbara Walters' List of 10 Most Fascinating People of 2014—See Who Else Made the Cut!