A-Rod as Centaur? Kate Hudson Says That's Crazy Talk
MTV News sat down with the actress to discuss 'Nine,' but pivoted the interview to talk centaurs and whether there was any validity to Us Weekly's report that A-Rod commissions artists to make him into a half-man, half-horse creature.
"I would never indulge in something so ridiculous. That's ... no, I don't indulge in those types of stories," she continued, "As humorous as you might think they are."
Us claimed to have a first-hand account of the portraits. An ex-girlfriend revealed there were "not one, but two painted portraits of himself as a centaur" in his bedroom, adding "It was ridiculous."
Shhhh. A Quiet Courtship for Two Huge Stars
Though she isn't afraid to appear in public with her man -- or cheer him on at Yankee games -- Hudson has gone to great lengths not to discuss details of their relationship.
However, Hudson revealed at a taping of 'Inside the Actors Studio' on Tuesday that she met A-Rod "years ago through a mutual friend." After marriages for both fizzled, and boyfriends and Madonnas came and went, the pair reportedly got together some time in the past year.
They were first photographed together in early July in Beverly Hills, the Daily News reported, but their courtship wasn't officially confirmed until July 25 when she and Rodriguez locked lips during a Yankee family picnic event.
Hudson says she has no choice but to try and keep her relationship out of the spotlight.
"The tabloid culture is insane," she said on Tuesday when asked by 'Studio' boss James Lipton, "You can't even get a sandwich without being engaged!"
Asked if she was at least having fun with her new boyfriend, she responded with a big "Yes!"
Much has been said or written (by us here and here) about the impact Hudson has had on A-Rod's prowess at the plate. When he was dating Madonna last year, A-Rod struggled at the plate and the Yankees failed to even make the playoffs. With Hudson, however, his power surge thrilled fans accustomed to his October failings and helped propel the Yanks to a World Series win.
"She's certainly not hurting his game," Jesse Derris of Sunshine of Sachs & Associates, which has a fast-growing sports practice, told us. "Hell, the Yankees should retire her number if he keeps hitting in the clutch."
Rodriguez divorced ex-wife Cynthia last fall, while Hudson split from Black Crowes frontman Chris Robinson (with whom she has a son, Ryder) in 2007.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Joey Fatone and Nick Carter are feuding
- Missy describes Uncle Si as 'tenderhearted' and 'a bit crazy'
- Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice discuss 'Jesus Christ Superstar'
- Bryan Singer's Attorney: Accuser's Witnesses are 'Liars' (Exclusive)
- Tribeca: Scorsese's Longtime Editor Thelma Schoonmaker Dissects 'Raging Bull'
- 'Orphan Black' Declassified: EP Breaks Down Season 2 Premiere's Big Reveals
- James Franco and other celebs who just can't stand criticism
- This Week on Stage: James Franco dishes, Audra McDonald dazzles (again)
- Is Gwen Stefani a good fit for ?The Voice'? ? POLL
- 'The Normal Heart' Trailer: Mark Ruffalo Speaks Out (VIDEO)
- Watch the Chilling Opening Scene to Joss Whedon's 'In Your Eyes' (VIDEO)
- Steven Spielberg's Next Movie May Be Religious Drama 'The Kidnapping of Eduardo Mortara'