'It's Always Sunny...' Cast Picks The Weirdest Holiday Movies
By Jenna Busch Posted Nov 17th 2009 03:06PM
PopEater just hit the red carpet for the release of 'It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia''s direct to DVD Christmas special, 'A Very Sunny Christmas.' Now, there was no way we were going to ask this cast about the Christmas movie they love the most. With this group, we had to go in a slightly different direction - obviously, the weirdest holiday offering they could recall.
Kaitlin Olson, who plays "Sweet Dee" on the show, told us, "This is going to make my husband very mad (Olson is married to Rob McElhenney, who plays "Mac"), but I do not like 'It's a Wonderful Life'. And he loves it. I just find it very boring. I just don't like it. I like 'A Christmas Carol' and I like 'The Grinch' and whatever. But I hate 'It's a Wonderful Life'. I find it boring. It's not creepy. It's just boring. Sorry. Don't tell him I said that. He'll beat the s--- out of me."
Glenn Howerton who play "Dennis" seemed to think the creepiest ones were the television specials from the seventies. They're all f******weird in their own way. The claymation thing is a little weird too. I got to say, the 'Rudolph' cartoon...we do a claymation sequence in the DVD special, and there's something a little weird and pedophelia-esque about the little elf character in the 'Rudolph' cartoon that you never would have picked up as a kid when it came out...there's something a little, I don't know. It makes me a little uncomfortable. I feel like the elf was a little pedophile..." I mentioned the Heat Miser and the Snow Miser, and he said, "I don't trust those guys, man. They were up to something. The kind of s*** you can't get away with these days. Like, if you came out with that now, people would be like, 'I can't show that to my kids. This is going to creep them out." You know what I mean?
Charlie Day, who plays "Charlie," seemed to feel the same way. "I don't like to bash other people's work, so it's hard to point things out. But I have memories of many strange Christmas movies when I was a kid."
And Danny DeVito,who plays the quickly spiraling out of control "Frank", went with the classics. "One of the weirdest Christmas movies is 'Holiday Inn'. You ever see that? Oh man, that's weird. I mean, they've got such racist stuff in it and everything. I've watched it and you love Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire and the whole thing, but man, those people were off the charts. Those people are...talk about a racist g****** movie. I mean, that was like, black face and this and that. Man!"
We're kind of surprised no one went with 'Bad Santa'.
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Check out pics of the hilarious - and nice lookin' - cast of FX's 'It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.'
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Cameron Diaz, Benji Madden Smooch For the Kiss Cam at L.A. Lakers Game
- Tom Brady's High School Coach Reveals He Was Once Locked in a Locker in High School, Confirms He's Always Been That Hot
- Miss California USA Contestant Chanelle Riggan Suffers Bikini Malfunction During Pageant, Recovers Like a Pro
- 2 Chainz considers running for mayor in hometown
- Drew Barrymore: I didn't really have parents
- Are Sofia Vergara and Joe Manganiello planning for kids?
- Gabrielle Union Recasts Bring It On, Reveals Surprise Dream Role and Talks Importance of Strengthening Her Own Brand
- Ariana Grande vs. Russell Wilson: Who Rocked a Seattle Seahawks Jersey Better? Find Out Whose Look the Quarterback's Teammates Prefer!
- Hugh Jackman's "Slightly Frozen" Puppy Is So Adorable After Surviving Snowmageddon—See the Cute Pics!