Penelope Cruz Dodges Dave's Engagement Questions
By PopEater Staff Posted Nov 17th 2009 09:36PM
Penelope Cruz is one professional secret keeper, completely thwarting David Letterman's attempts to get her to dish on her status with fellow Oscar winner Javier Bardem. During an appearance on 'The Late Show' on Tuesday night to promote her new movie 'Broken Embraces,' Cruz shrugged off Letterman's line of questioning regarding whether she and Bardem are getting married. When pressed by Letterman, Cruz told him that she doesn't "feel comfortable" talking about such things.
Penelope Cruz Pics
The always stunning Penelope Cruz is seen here being mobbed by fans and autograph seekers as she makes her way into the Ed Sullivan Theater for a taping on 'The Late Show with David Letterman. Click for More Pics of the Steamy Oscar Winner >>>
"I've been here a few times with you, you know I'm tough. One thing I don't do, I don't lie about my personal life," Cruz, 35, told Letterman, PEOPLE is reporting.
She went on to say that her romantic and personal privacy is "sacred," and that she doesn't "give details about it because I am allergic to that."
Never one to give up easily, Letterman then joked with Cruz, asking her, "So you know, but you don't want to tell me?" Cruz snapped back with laughter, saying "I choose not to share some things!"
A romance between Cruz and Bardem has been the talk of the town for months. Speculation and buzz grew even greater in October when Cruz stepped onto an 'Embraces' red carpet sporting a massive diamond ring.
The two Spanish actors recently shared the screen as love interests -- albeit terribly erratic and violent ones -- in Woody Allen's 'Vicky Cristina Barcelona,' which led to an Oscar win for Cruz.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Prince and Warner Music make up after epic legal battle
- Kim Novak takes on Oscar night 'bullies'
- Hayden Panettiere not asked to return to 'Heroes: Reborn'
- Dynamite Announces 'Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell' Comic Book
- 'Scandal's' Tony Goldwyn: Fitz Is In For a 'Rough Wake-Up Call'
- Producer, Friars Club Member Ken Greengrass Dies at 87
EW.COMFEEDMore From EW.com Li
- 'Transcendence' Review: A Journey Into the Absurd
- New Orleans Tries to Woo Stephen Colbert's 'Late Show'
- Zack Snyder Explains How Batman Ended Up in the 'Man of Steel' Sequel