Why You're Searching for 'Lil Wayne Hair Cut,' 'Sarah Palin Newsweek,' and 'Jenna Jameson on Oprah'
By Sam Brand Posted Nov 17th 2009 11:22PM
'Lil Wayne Hair Cut,' 'Sarah Palin Newsweek,' and 'Cynophobia' are surging in Google Trends? We can shed some light on the mystery. Google Trends provides the hottest keywords of the hour. Though the results change frequently, the list offers a snapshot of what's hot in the world of entertainment news. Here's what's steamin' tonight...
Madagascar Christmas Special – They've already created the characters. NBC Universal probably has them programmed into their laptops. All they need is an entertaining and timely story, and HO HO HO, they've got themselves a TV special. 'Merry Madagascar' aired at 8 PM Tuesday night on NBC. Guess Christmas starts in mid-November this year. No word if the special involves any giraffes on skis, but we'd guess so.
Syrtaki – Also known as "Sirtaki," this popular Greek dance is shooting up the trend list for mysterious reasons. The nifty move was put together for the 1964 film 'Zorba the Greek,' and ever since it's been a staple for Ouzo guzzling tourists and the smarmy local Lotharios that prey upon them.
Jenna Jameson on Oprah – The legendary porn star appeared on the biggest show in daytime TV to talk about sex, money, and getting paid money to have sex. But Jameson wants you to know she's not the bimbo you think she is. "That's a big misconception about me in the industry," she told Oprah. "They think, 'Oh, she's had thousands of partners. She's a slut. She's a whore. But in actuality, I had sex with my husband most of the time, and I think that that's why my movies sell so well. You can see love." Her movies did do well. Jameson told Oprah there was a time she was making $60,000 for a day and a half of work and $30 million a year.
Cynophobia – Are you smarter than a fifth grader? If so, you should know what "cynophobia" means. Wait, really? Damn, fifth graders must be pretty smart these days. Anyway, "cynophobia" is an "abnormal fear of dogs." That's an inconvenient fear to have considering there are over 60 million pooches in the United States. But phobia scientists say there's a greater chance you're scared of snakes or spiders than of dogs. Greater still that you're afraid of poisonous dogs with eight legs.
Sarah Palin Newsweek Cover – It's rare that the celeb gracing the magazine cover is the one complaining about it. Usually it's the Christian Right, or the gun lobby, or evangelicals. Oh wait, Sarah Palin represents all of that. She took to Facebook on Monday night to call the cover, in which she's sporting running shorts and a fleece, "sexist." In her defense, the pic was initially intended to be a Runner's World magazine one-page profile. Actually, we're not sure how that defends her or makes the pic sexist in any way.
Lil Wayne Hair Cut Off – Weezy is going to jail. Dreads aren't allowed in jail. Unfortunately for Weezy, that doesn't mean he won't be allowed through the prison gates. Instead, he's going to have to cut off his trademark locks. But a lawyer tells FlyStyleLife there's one way to get dreads through the gates. "Prisoners who claim Rastafarri as their religion are allowed in most cases to keep their locks. But even then there's a process to determine if it's genuine." We're pretty sure Purple Drank isn't part of a balanced Rasta breakfast.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Stacy Keibler Gives Birth, Jessica Simpson's Killer Legs: Top 5 Friday Stories
- Christmas Jammies Family Makes Back-to-School "Baby Got Class" Parody: Watch Now!
- Chris Burke Reflects on Corky Character, Life Goes On, Down Syndrome on Upcoming Oprah: Where Are They Now? Episode
- Are You Ready For This? Sam Smith, Beyonce, Usher & Rita Ora Stun In VMA Rehearsals ? Sneak Peek Photo Special
- Outrage Over Woman Whose Dog Ate Marijuana ? PETA Calls It ‘A Stupid Thing’ To Do, Warns Of Potential Prosecution For Animal Abuse
- Man charged in biting attack at Chicago's Lollapalooza music festival that wounded 2 men
- '19 Kids and Counting' star Michelle Duggar on how she and husband Jim Bob keep the flame alive
- HBO exec defends violence, sex scenes in 'Game of Thrones'
- Kim Kardashian Ignores Buttons, Lets Cleavage Bust Out on Trip to San Diego—and See North Feed a Giraffe at the Zoo: Cute Pics!
- Nick Jonas Admits Next Single "Jealous" Is About Real Life, Talks Packing on Muscle for TV and Working With Dylan Penn
- Kate Middleton Headed to Malta: All the Details on the Duchess of Cambridge's First Official Solo Trip