Billy Burke Basks in the Glory of Charlie Swan's Marvelous Mustache
By Bryan Alexander Posted Nov 18th 2009 04:33PM
'Twilight' fans sure do love their favorite character's chief characteristics, and right up their with Edward's sparkling skin, you must surely add Charlie Swan's fine mustache. The 'stache has a life of it's own on the internet (with an appreciative Facebook page for starters), and there were a number of signs paying homage to the glorious growth at 'The Twilight Saga: New Moon' premiere on Monday night. "It was a choice I made early on," a freshly-shaven Billy Burke told PopEater about the 'stache's prominent role in the film. "Now I'm stuck with it. I gotta grow it every time."
Easier said than done for the marvel. "It takes a good month and a half to grow to its full posture," says Burke. "It starts with a full beard and then I shave it down to what's necessary."
Still, he's a little confused about mustache adulation. "I don't have a clue (why it's so big)," Burke laughs. "But it's a little disturbing."
There are bonuses for excessive mustache focus though. When Burke wants to escape Twi-hard adulation, it's just a razor away.
"Without the porn star 'stache I'm unrecognizable as Charlie," he admits. "So that's worked well for me."
'New Moon' Pics
Actress Dakota Fanning, actress Kristen Stewart and musician Joan Jett at the premiere of Summit Entertainment's "The Twilight Saga: New Moon" on November 16, 2009 in Westwood, California. "The Twilight Saga: New Moon" Los Angeles Premiere - Arrivals Mann's Village Theatre Westwood, CA United States November 16, 2009
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Ringo Starr inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- Bobby Flay reportedly had an affair that ruined his marriage to Stephanie March
- 'Star Wars' design team teases themes, inspirations behind 'The Force Awakens'
- 'Conan' Writer Slams Late-Night Competition: "Shove Your Lip-Syncing Up Your Ass"
- Jon Stewart on 'Daily Show' Departure: I Didn't Want to Cover 2016 Election
- MTV's 'Eye Candy' Canceled
- Which 'Game of Thrones' Character Do You Most Wish Was Still Alive?
- 'Friends' Quiz: Which Character Said the Quote?
- How Well Do You Really Know 'Almost Famous'?