Mysteries of 'Mickey Mouse Birthday,' 'Reby Sky,' and 'Sara Bostwick' Solved
By Sam Brand Posted Nov 18th 2009 12:14PM
'Mickey Mouse Birthday,' 'Reby Sky,' 'Nephelococcygia' and 'Sara Bostwick' are surging in Google Trends? We can shed some light on the mystery. Google Trends provides the hottest keywords of the hour. Though the results change frequently, at any given time the list offers a snapshot of what's hot in the world of entertainment news. Here's what's steamin' today...
Nephelococcygia – This is the number one hottest word of the moment. Perhaps more surprisingly, Googlers are spelling it right! The word was coined by Greek playwright Aristophanes in 414 BC to describe the cloud city that two characters in "The Birds" envision after turning into, yes, birds. Now "nephelococcygia" means cloud watching. It can also be used to describe someone who's disconnected from reality, living in la-la land, or under the impression that Robert Pattinson can ever be yours.
Dancing with the Stars Results – Is this show a dancing contest or a popularity contest? Sure seems to be the latter after last night's elimination. Despite repeatededly collecting impressive scores from the judges, Polish model Joanna Krupa and Derek Hough didn't get enough fan votes to move on. More popular stars Mya, Kelly Osbourne and Donny Osmond will be competing in next week's finals.
Nina Muschallik – This hot D-lister is climbing up the ranks of Google Trends and nobody knows why. All we know is that Nina Muschallik is a British model-slash-actress born in 1976. She appeared uncredited in 'Saving Private Ryan' but then made the credits a year later as a hot Bond vixen in 'The World Is Not Enough.' Keep an eye out for Nina. She's up to something big. Or at least bigger than anything she's done before.
Mickey Mouse Birthday – The face of Disney turns 81 today. November 18, 1928 is the day 'Steamboat Willie' was unveiled, introducing the world to a character that would bury itself into our DNA. A year or so later, Walt Disney began selling Mickey Mouse merchandise, and by 1931 there were over 1 million members of the Mickey Mouse Club. And to think that was before Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera were hanging with Mickey.
Reby Sky – Say hello to Miss Howard TV December. Reby Sky, born Rebecca Victoria Reyes, is a Puero Rican-American hottie who loves nothing more than to look hot and cheer on her favorite sports team, the New York Giants. She was featured on MTV's 'True Life: I'm a Sports Fanatic' earlier this year, and she was starting quarterback for the Lingerie Football League's Tampa Breeze. She also appeared in Playboy in 2007 as one of several "Girls of Montauk." Reby, it appears, is a real man's lady.
Sara Bostwick – Add this one to the towering silly lawsuits pile on Google Trends. Manhattan bride Sara Bostwick says her wedding was ruined by one of the photographers she hired to document her special day. The snapper, an employee of Christian Oth Inc. (listed by American Photo magazine as one of the top 10 wedding studios in the world), reportedly posted pics of the bride in various classy states of undress on the photo site. Now Bostwick is filing suit against the company which caused her to "suffer severe emotional injuries, including post-traumatic stress disorder." We feel more sorry for the groom.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bethenny Frankel Returning to Real Housewives of New York City; Alyssa Milano Leaving Mistresses: Top 5 Stories
- Porsha Williams Says She Was "Blindsided" by Real Housewives Demotion: It's Time to "Spread My Wings"
- American Horror Story: Freak Show Opening Credits Are as Creepy as You'd Expect
- ?Hank Is Not Gay!' ? Kendra Wilkinson Will Move On With Husband Hank Baskett Despite Cheating Allegations ? ?He Deserves Forgiveness'
- Trashed & Making A Splash! Amanda Bynes ?Drunk' On Rooftop Of West Hollywood Hotel Following DUI Arrest
- Bethenny's Back! Frankel Returning To ?Real Housewives Of New York City'
- Gay gun activists: Growing LGBT push to support the Second Amendment
- Hidden bra camera shows woman how often breasts are ogled
- Alyssa Milano is leaving 'Mistresses'
- Oops! Selena Gomez's Zipper Is Down at the Airport—Is That Why Paparazzi Are Falling to the Ground?
- Niall Horan Nearly Swallowed His Own Puke When He Met Justin Timberlake—and More Celebs That Turn One Direction Into Fanboys!
- Stalker Creator Kevin Williamson Reveals Scary Real-Life Experience That Inspired the Show