Why You're Searching 'Daniel Day-Lewis,' 'Mike Fisher,' and 'Eggo Shortage'
By Sam Brand Posted Nov 18th 2009 08:34PM
'Daniel Day-Lewis,' 'Sarah Palin Newsweek,' and 'Dalia Dippolito' are surging in Google Trends? We can shed some light on the mystery. Google Trends provides the hottest keywords of the hour. Though the results change frequently, the list offers a snapshot of what's hot in the world of entertainment news. Here's what's steamin' tonight...
Mike Fisher Hockey Player – Carrie Underwood is one of the hottest properties in the celeb-o-sphere. So when it comes to who she's dating, well, whoever he is, he's kinda a big deal. Mike Fisher isn't exactly small-time on his own (he's a multi-millionaire semi-star in the NHL), but he's a whole lot bigger in light of the fact that he's been dating Underwood since she performed in Toronto in October 2008. But the country star still refuses to live with the guy. She appeared on 'The Ellen DeGeneres Show' on Wednesday to say, "The next guy I move in with will be my hubby, whoever that is." She called her relationship with Fisher "the longest relationship I've had."
Eggo Shortage – Worst. News. Ever. For stoners and lazy moms, that is. Kellogg says that a flood at an Atlanta waffle factory and equipment problems at another in Tennessee could create an Eggo shortage that lasts through mid-2010. Count the makers of Pop Tarts, Toaster Strudels, and Shake 'n Pour Buttermilk Muffins as today's big winners.
Daniel Day-Lewis – Googlers are drinking his milkshake in massive gulps today. Probably has something to do with the new 'Nine' trailer. Who would've imagined we'd get back to going ga-ga over musicals. Maybe it makes sense considering this one is directed by Rob Marshall, the same guy behind 'Chicago,' and it features such A-list talent as Nicole Kidman, Penelope Cruz, Kate Hudson, Sophia Loren and Marion Cotillard. Oh, and it's an adaptation of Fellini's '8 ½.' Wait, that probably has nothing to do with its booming popularity. 'Nine' hits theaters on Christmas Day.
Sarah Palin Newsweek – The furor continues. But who's really furious besides Mrs. Palin herself? Aren't the words that grace the cover of this week's issue a little more damning than the photo? "She's bad news for the GOP – and for everybody else, too." Who really cares that she's showing a bit of leg, wearing running shoes and holding a couple Blackberries? Maybe nobody if Palin hadn't gone to her 1 million Facebook homies to cry about it.
Dalia Dippolito – Dalia Dippolito first tried to kill her husband by putting anti-freeze in his coffee. Then the professional escort tried to hire a legit hitman, but he said no way. Then she tried to hire another, but this time she was asking a cop to kill her man. Dippolito gave the undercover agent $1,200 to buy a gun and she told him the guy's daily schedule. The day the hit was supposed to go down cops called Dippolito and told her that Michael Dippolito had been found dead. Silly coppers. Dalia was taken into the station and Michael jumped out and everyone said, "gotcha!" All that actually happened, except maybe the "gotcha."
Sexiest Woman Alive – Today, People magazine announced Jonny Depp as the Sexiest Man of 2009 (his second win, he also took home the award in 2003). And now you want to know who won the female equivalent. If you take Esquire's word for it, it'd be Kate Beckinsale, who follows Charlize Theron and Halle Berry as the official "Sexiest Woman Alive." Maxim says it's Olivia Wilde, who scored the top spot on the illustrious 2009 Hot 100. FHM gives the top spot to sexy 'X Factor' alum Cheryl Cole. Pretty much every publication has Megan Fox at number 2.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Amanda de Cadenet: Chelsea Handler Inspired My New Lifetime Talk Show!
- Rachel McAdams Cringes While Watching Notebook Audition Tape for the First Time Ever on the Today Show
- Jenny McCarthy Jokes About Hillary Clinton's Sexuality on The View, Implies She's Had Girlfriends
- She's An American Woman In London! Noelle Reno Dishes About Life, Work And Reality Show ?Ladies Of London'
- Madonna’s Underage Teenage Daughter Says She ‘Awkwardly Avoided Teachers’ At Prom After Drinking Champagne
- Reality Showdown! Producers Now Deciding Between Fan-Favorite ?Bachelorette' Alum Arie Luyendyk Jr. And Andi Dorfman Cast-Off Chris Soules In Next Bachelor Casting
- Leonardo DiCaprio spotted partying with 25 models, source says
- Ali Lohan reportedly launching country music career
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Salma Hayek Makes the Ultimate Hot Teacher—See the Pic!
- Blake Lively Reveals the Best Surprise She's Ever Given Ryan Reynolds and 72 Other Fun Facts—Watch Now!
- Madonna Impersonator Identifies Gender: "I Embrace Myself as a Queen"—Watch the Botched Deleted Scene!