Mysteries of 'Janet Jackson Interview,' 'Carmen Electra Sex Video,' and 'North Pole, Alaska' Solved
By Sam Brand Posted Nov 19th 2009 01:01PM
'Janet Jackson Interview,' 'Elizabeth Lambert,' and 'Carmen Electra Sex Video' are surging in Google Trends? We can shed some light on the mystery. Google Trends provides the hottest keywords of the hour. Though the results change frequently, at any given time the list offers a snapshot of what's hot in the world of entertainment news. Here's what's steamin' today...
Gettysburg Address – Five score and 16 years ago, to the day, Abraham Lincoln delivered the Gettysburg Address during the dedication of the Soldier's National Cemetery in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. That's 116 years ago, for those of you unfamiliar with score keeping. The famous speech was delivered over a year before the Confederacy surrendered, but four and a half months after the Union's decisive victory at Gettysburg. Lincoln spoke for only 2 minutes, which have become, perhaps, the most famous 2 minutes in the history of US public speaking.
Carmen Electra Leaked Video – Carmen Electra has never been shy. She was married to Dennis Rodman, and she's bared all in Playboy an astounding 5(!) times. That's why we're not buying the rumor that this video was "leaked." For a video to be leaked, someone has to have wanted it kept under wraps. We don't see any takedown notices or cease and desist letters out there. This, friends, is what we call one sexy-ass publicity stunt, and there's not necessarily anything wrong with that.
Great American Smokeout 2009 – There's no better day to quit smoking than today. There's no better time than now to do anything that will increase your lifespan by years and noticeably boost your quality of life, but if the American Cancer Society has anything to say about it, today is the day to trash that pack of cigs. Check out the Great American Smokeout's official site for pointers on how you can butt out for good.
Elizabeth Lambert – The crazy-eyed killer of women's soccer has broken her silence. On Tuesday, nearly two weeks after her freak out went viral, Elizabeth Lambert told the New York Times, "I still deeply regret it and will always regret it and will carry it through the rest of my life not to retaliate." The 20-year-old University of New Mexico junior says she's seen the video several times. "I look at it and I'm like, 'That is not me... I have so much regret. I can't believe I did that." She is seeing a psychologist and speaking to youth about sportsmanship in an effort to be reinstated by her team for next season.
North Pole Alaska – If the Grinch was a real dude, he'd probably be a pedophile. So says the U.S. Postal Service, which announced that it is dropping its popular North Pole, Alaska volunteer program. Since 1954, kids could write letters to Santa Claus and they'd receive an answer stamped with a North Pole postmark. But last year a postal worker recognized a registered sex offender among Operation Santa's ranks, and now the program is kaput.
Janet Jackson Interview – The most famous remaining member of the Jackson clan sat down with Robin Roberts on ABC News Wednesday night to talk about her new book 'True You,' her new album 'Number Ones,' her breakup with Jermaine Dupri, and her departed brother. What about Michael does she miss most? "His silliness," Janet said as she took Roberts on a tour of her home. She said the Jackson family made several attempts to intervene in Michael's substance abuse problems. "Those are the things you do when you love someone. You can't just let them continue on that way. And we did a few times. We weren't very successful." But Janet didn't blame Michael for all of his problems. She said of Dr. Conrad Murray, "He was the one administering. I think he was responsible."
- Filed under:
- Adam Lambert
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Taylor Swift Leads Celebrity Tributes to Oscar de la Renta After News of His Death
- Kris Jenner Clears Up Rumors About Bruce Jenner's Transformation; Monica Lewinsky Was "In Love" With Bill Clinton: Top 5 Stories
- Teresa Giudice Dropped By Crisis Manager Wendy Feldman After Filing Orange Is The New Black Prison Request: Details
- Speak-The-Plow! The ?Old Lindsay Lohan Is Back' & We Are ?Really Proud Of Her,' Says Friend
- ?Dembabies' Ain't Going Anywhere! Judge Throws Out Woman's Maternity Claim She's The Real Mother Of Mariah Carey & Nick Cannon's Twins
- Crash & Burn! 20 Former Child Stars Who Flamed Out Spectacularly
- Gene Simmons: Young women should marry older men
- Country singer Martina McBride pursues cooking passion
- Selena Gomez reveals sexiest photoshoot yet
- Go Girl! Jennifer Lawrence Swings an Ax and Impresses All the Guys in New Serena Clip
- FKA Twigs Takes "Video Girl" to Extreme With Google Glass in New Conceptual Video: Watch Now!
- RIP Oscar de la Renta: Famous Fashion Designer Remembered by Taylor Swift, Ivanka Trump and More Celebs