LL Cool J Talks Up 'NCIS' And His Grammy Plans
By Jenna Busch Posted Nov 20th 2009 01:21PM
LL Cool J was honored as one half of the "Action Team of the Year" at US Weekly's "Hot Hollywood" party last night in LA. We grabbed a few moments with LL on the red carpet, where he appeared sans partner Chris O'Donnell. He told us how working on TV cuts into his sleep schedule, why the on-screen duo works and who he's got lined up for the Grammy Nomination concert. (By the way, the rock in his ear could have bought a small island.)
You guys have been getting a bunch of buzz about your partnership on NCIS: Los Angeles. So what makes you the next super small screen duo?
You know what? Good chemistry, good energy, rooting for each other, having each other's back. You know, just enjoying what we're doing and having a good time.
How has it been doing a full time TV gig?
It's real new for me. I'm used to kind of jumping on tour busses and getting up when I want to and showing up to the studio late, cause I wanted to be late. But it's fun. I'm excited. I'm having a good time, you know? It's enjoyable.
So what do you have coming up next?
I'm producing the Grammy Nomination concert and hosting that, so me and Ken Ehrlich Productions are producing that. I have Sugarland coming, I have the Black-Eyed Peas, I have Nick Jonas and Maxwell, and some other people coming, so that's going to be exciting, so I'm having fun.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 8 things you didn't know about Miranda Lambert
- Reba McEntire: I always have more to learn
- Celebrity weight loss winners
- The best Black Friday deals for videogames, movies, more
- Jim Parsons talks theater and the ?charming' ?Merton of the Movies'
- 'The Voice' Results Live Blog! Who's In and Who's Out
- Laura Dern Hopes ?Jurassic World' Continues to Reinvent That ?Jurassic' Experience
- Extra Scoop: Bruce Jenner's ?Kinky' Night Out with Rumored GF
- Miley Cyrus, Patrick Schwarzenegger Lick Each Other in Photobooth Pics
- Angelina Jolie Considering a Movie into Politics, "If I Felt I Could Really Make A Difference, Yes."
- Diem Brown's Love Chris "CT" Tamburello Proposed Five Days Before Her Death; Kendra Wilkinson Talks Sex With Hugh Hefner: Top 5 Stories