Jon Gosselin Brings Roses to Successful Divorce Meeting
Jon Gosselin and Kate Gosselin could be about a month away from finalizing their divorce, after a successful day at the arbitration table in Pennsylvania on Saturday. According to TMZ, Jon won't fight Kate for primary custody of their eight kids and neither party is seeking spousal support. The two main issues still on the table are distribution of assets and child support.
The day began as many reality dating shows typically end: with roses. Jon showed up at court with a bouquet of long-stemmed red's for Kate -- a peace offering of sorts. However, she turned them down. His lawyer had a pop culture reference in hand when discussing the flowers.
"This has been called the real-life War of the Roses," Mark Heller told PEOPLE, referring to the 1989 movie about battling spouses, "and he brought that as a peace offering to break the ice and try to bring the war to an end."
The meeting between the 'Jon and Kate Plus 8' alums was so productive that a second day of talks, scheduled for Monday, has been canceled. The arbitrator is expected to rule in a month and Heller says "it's possible" the bruising divorce will be finalized by the end of the year.
More colorful talk from Heller: "Obviously before two warring parties can smoke the peace pipe, they have to sit down at a table and address the issues that brought them to the skirmish."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Martin Bashir Leaves MSNBC After "Ill-Judged" Sarah Palin Slam
- Keri Russell, Family "Fine" After Home Burglarized While She Was in Bed, Rep Says
- Brie Larson Wins Best Actress Award At The Gotham Awards in NYC
- Inside Kris Jenner’s Mexican Vacation With Boy Toy Ben Flajnik (And A Sea Lion!) — Plus, Does He Date For Cash?
- 'Fast and Furious 7' could be canceled after Paul Walker's death
- Break Time: Rebecca Black regrets viral video 'Friday'?!
- Henry Cavill beats out other hunks as Glamour's sexiest man: Who's really the sexiest man of 2013?
- South Pole Hunks: See Prince Harry, Alexander Skarsgård and Dominic West's Hottest Pics
- Mariah Carey Rocks Two Diva Dresses for the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony: Which Works Best?
- Lea Michele on Having the Support of Her Glee Family: "I Love Everyone There So, So Very Much"