Jon Gosselin Brings Roses to Successful Divorce Meeting
Jon Gosselin and Kate Gosselin could be about a month away from finalizing their divorce, after a successful day at the arbitration table in Pennsylvania on Saturday. According to TMZ, Jon won't fight Kate for primary custody of their eight kids and neither party is seeking spousal support. The two main issues still on the table are distribution of assets and child support.
The day began as many reality dating shows typically end: with roses. Jon showed up at court with a bouquet of long-stemmed red's for Kate -- a peace offering of sorts. However, she turned them down. His lawyer had a pop culture reference in hand when discussing the flowers.
"This has been called the real-life War of the Roses," Mark Heller told PEOPLE, referring to the 1989 movie about battling spouses, "and he brought that as a peace offering to break the ice and try to bring the war to an end."
The meeting between the 'Jon and Kate Plus 8' alums was so productive that a second day of talks, scheduled for Monday, has been canceled. The arbitrator is expected to rule in a month and Heller says "it's possible" the bruising divorce will be finalized by the end of the year.
More colorful talk from Heller: "Obviously before two warring parties can smoke the peace pipe, they have to sit down at a table and address the issues that brought them to the skirmish."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Vanessa Hudgens Shows off her Skinny Figure, Flashes Abs in 2014 Young Hollywood Awards Outfit
- Liam Payne Shares Naked, Pixilated, Full Frontal Snap, Sends One Direction Fans into Frenzy with Cheeky Prank
- Scheana Marie Marries Michael Shay: Details on the Vanderpump Rules Star's Wedding
- Burn! Beyonce Skipped Kimye Wedding Because She ?Wasn't Going To Allow A Kardashian To Socially Climb Her,' Claims New Repor
- 'Lucy' tops 'Hercules' with $44M at the box office
- Casey Kasem's kids think wife has boyfriend in Montreal; may have dad's body there on ice
- Joan Rivers slams Selena Gomez for ?Pray for Gaza' post
- A Potential Cure on True Blood, A Family Sacrifice on Witches of East End & More OMG TV Moments
- Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Star Brandi Glanville Launching New Wine, Wants Your Input
- Botched Before and After: Breast Cancer Survivor, Boob Implant Headache and Much More—See the Pics!