Jon Gosselin Brings Roses to Successful Divorce Meeting
Jon Gosselin and Kate Gosselin could be about a month away from finalizing their divorce, after a successful day at the arbitration table in Pennsylvania on Saturday. According to TMZ, Jon won't fight Kate for primary custody of their eight kids and neither party is seeking spousal support. The two main issues still on the table are distribution of assets and child support.
The day began as many reality dating shows typically end: with roses. Jon showed up at court with a bouquet of long-stemmed red's for Kate -- a peace offering of sorts. However, she turned them down. His lawyer had a pop culture reference in hand when discussing the flowers.
"This has been called the real-life War of the Roses," Mark Heller told PEOPLE, referring to the 1989 movie about battling spouses, "and he brought that as a peace offering to break the ice and try to bring the war to an end."
The meeting between the 'Jon and Kate Plus 8' alums was so productive that a second day of talks, scheduled for Monday, has been canceled. The arbitrator is expected to rule in a month and Heller says "it's possible" the bruising divorce will be finalized by the end of the year.
More colorful talk from Heller: "Obviously before two warring parties can smoke the peace pipe, they have to sit down at a table and address the issues that brought them to the skirmish."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Miss America 2015 Kira Kazantsev: My Sorority Did Not Kick Me Out For Hazing
- Charlo Greene Explains Why She Quit on Live TV With F-Word: Watch
- Shia LaBeouf Announces Bizarre Running-Inspired Performance Art Exhibit #Metamarathon
- Strutting & Strolling! Kanye West, Kim Kardashian & North Land In London, Expected To Attend Paris Fashion Week
- Tim McGraw's Alleged Slapping Victim Jesslyn Taylor Opens Up For The First Time About Violent Hit To The Head: ?It Was Hard!’
- Bad Romance? Lady Gaga Claims She Signed First Record Deal With Ex-Boyfriend Rob Fusari Because He Threatened Her, Shocking Court Docs Reveal
- 'DWTS' recap: Michael Waltrip gets a flat; Sadie Robertson does ... country jazz?
- Miss America Kira Kazantsev kicked out of sorority for hazing
- Celebrity nude photo hacks still a problem