Jon Gosselin Brings Roses to Successful Divorce Meeting
Jon Gosselin and Kate Gosselin could be about a month away from finalizing their divorce, after a successful day at the arbitration table in Pennsylvania on Saturday. According to TMZ, Jon won't fight Kate for primary custody of their eight kids and neither party is seeking spousal support. The two main issues still on the table are distribution of assets and child support.
The day began as many reality dating shows typically end: with roses. Jon showed up at court with a bouquet of long-stemmed red's for Kate -- a peace offering of sorts. However, she turned them down. His lawyer had a pop culture reference in hand when discussing the flowers.
"This has been called the real-life War of the Roses," Mark Heller told PEOPLE, referring to the 1989 movie about battling spouses, "and he brought that as a peace offering to break the ice and try to bring the war to an end."
The meeting between the 'Jon and Kate Plus 8' alums was so productive that a second day of talks, scheduled for Monday, has been canceled. The arbitrator is expected to rule in a month and Heller says "it's possible" the bruising divorce will be finalized by the end of the year.
More colorful talk from Heller: "Obviously before two warring parties can smoke the peace pipe, they have to sit down at a table and address the issues that brought them to the skirmish."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Amber Portwood Snaps Sweet Photo of Daughter Leah, 5, Mid-Dance
- Dakota Johnson, Matthew Hitt Hold Hands in New York City, Spark Dating Rumors
- Nicki Minaj Bares Butt in G-String Thong on "Anaconda" Single Cover: Picture
- Bravo Edits Footage Of ‘RHONJ’ Star Amber Marchese’s Husband Threatening Teresa Giudice’s Brother
- Soap Star Eileen Davidson Joins ‘RHOBH’ With Record Salary ? Her Unreal Pay Revealed!
- Longtime Friend Of Hot Car Dad Ross Cooper Confused By Ongoing Events, Prays There's A Reasonable Explanation For It All
- Queen Elizabeth II photobombs young tourists' selfie
- Alec Baldwin appears in NYC court after Shia LaBeouf leaves
- Long lines start early as Comic-Con floor opens and dedicated fans queue up for coveted toys
- 2015 Pirelli Calendar Will Feature a Plus-Size Model for the First Time Ever
- Alec Baldwin Appears in Court for Bike-Riding Case, Angrily Tweets That NYC Is a "Carnival of Stupidity"
- Nicki Minaj Bares Her Booty in a G-String on Cover Art for Next Single "Anaconda"—Check It Out!